• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charles -vs- Gooch

The General

The Mouse (*)
These 2 are commentating together again. They really do dislike each other ...

laugh.gif

Who is Charles?

The only Charles I can think of is Ray Charles, and I'd be rather surprised if he was commentating.

I don't blame Goochie, Colville's a knob. How they can let that guy anywhere near a microphone is shocking. Thankfully they don't let him near the Tests. The other one who really grates with me is Allott, thinks he was really great but can't hack it when up against the likes of Nas, Beefy or Mikey.

Of course Colville. I didn't realise Kev was on first name terms with him - I was trying to think of someone with a surname Charles.

I agree with you entirely BB. One of my greatest cricketing disappointments was at Old Trafford a few years back, when one of my mates missed Colville's head with a tennis ball by about 2 centimetres. We were all so gutted as chances like that are so rare, we refused to speak to him for the entire journey back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ July 08 2005,17:25)]One of my greatest cricketing disappointments was at Old Trafford a few years back, when one of my mates missed Colville's head with a tennis ball by about 2 centimetres. We were all so gutted as chances like that are so rare, we refused to speak to him for the entire journey back.
laugh.gif

Quality story.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ July 08 2005,17:08)]can't hack it when up against the likes of Beefy
Really? One of the surliest, most curmudgeonly commentators I've ever heard... someone I always try to avoid. Give me Gower, Boycs or Nicholas any day...

rock.gif

Most of all, give me Richie. No one else comes close.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 08 2005,18:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ July 08 2005,17:08)]can't hack it when up against the likes of Beefy
Really?  One of the surliest, most curmudgeonly commentators I've ever heard... someone I always try to avoid.  
I meant more in standing in the pro game. The likes of Nas, Beefy and Mikey are legends, whereas Allott is just a reasonable county pro, who managed to play a couple of Tests.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Most of all, give me Richie. No one else comes close.

Can't disagree with that
smile.gif

Colville is a p**k !

Bumble,Mikey,Richie and co are your boys!

The Jury is still out on Willis though. Did he ever have a sense of humour ??

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 08 2005,18:29)]
[b said:
Really?  One of the surliest, most curmudgeonly commentators I've ever heard... someone I always try to avoid.  Give me Gower, Boycs or Nicholas any day...
Yep. Poacher turned gamekeeper. he always used to moan (and quite rightly too) about the miserable Yorkshire gits like Trueman and Illingworth criticising in their "wouldn't have happened in my day" and "I really don't know what's going on out there" modes. Yet, he sits in the commentary box, and spouts the same kind of stuff.

I rememer listening to Colville on the radio a few years back, when he presented Sport on 5 Sunday in the summers, and he interviewed Anika Sorenstam ( I think) after she won the Women's British Open golg championship, and the first thing he said to her in the interview was:

"Now, you have won this tournament do you think you might go and do something useful like caddy for Faldo!"

Ar5e hole!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 10 2005,22:16)]Gooch is my mate.

Colvile is a homo
Changing the subject S4E, what happened to your lot on Saturday. Can't believe that you lost to Epping....

well i got wickets mate, so did the other opening bowler. then we just fell to pieces chasing the runs. on a wicket that is so much better than average 20 wickets fell in 80 odd overs. chin up. back to nets. we won't even talk about our quarter final shepherd neame cup game yesterday!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ July 11 2005,15:02)]Why, what happend in that
rock.gif
45 over game....

Harold Wood 313 for about 5 (3 run outs)
Billericay 275ish for 9

just an awful fielding display.

you read the reports in last night's echo?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 12 2005,09:40)]
[b said:
rock.gif
45 over game....

Billericay 275ish for 9

Yeah, I saw your name in lights
smile.gif

I assume Nathan's out for a couple of weeks ?? If so you could have the best ground in Div 3
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ July 12 2005,09:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 12 2005,09:40)]
[b said:
rock.gif
45 over game....

Billericay 275ish for 9

Yeah, I saw your name in lights  
smile.gif

I assume Nathan's out for a couple of weeks ?? If so you could have the best ground in Div 3
oops.gif
Nathan is captain this week! he just said it was broken so he could make the papers again.

we won't go down. we are the best team on paper in the league.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 13 2005,10:39)]we won't go down. we are the best team on paper in the league.
and therein lies the problem, all your games are played on grass
tounge.gif
da-boom-tish...

If you want to join us, it has to be this week, no transfers allowed after week 10
wink.gif

Back