• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charlie Kelman

slightly off topic, forgive, I went on the Gillingham site to see if any comments on Kelmans return or their attempt to sign our ex Goalie as Manager, But see they have brought Steve Lovell back,
The thing is there were only 8 comments in total on the site in the past 4 days and we have managed over 50 on this thread alone
Shows how good our site is
I have a long term close friend who is a season ticket holder for the Gills. I have to wipe the tears from his eyes as each time I see him he cannot stop comparing the level of our support , especially for away games. Wonder how many off to Kings Lynn.
P.S on Kelman he said he certainly needs to do better than the earlier loan spell this season, was not impressed , but mentioned maybe an issue with Evans

slightly off topic, forgive, I went on the Gillingham site to see if any comments on Kelmans return or their attempt to sign our ex Goalie as Manager, But see they have brought Steve Lovell back,
The thing is there were only 8 comments in total on the site in the past 4 days and we have managed over 50 on this thread alone
Shows how good our site is
I have a long term close friend who is a season ticket holder for the Gills. I have to wipe the tears from his eyes as each time I see him he cannot stop comparing the level of our support , especially for away games. Wonder how many off to Kings Lynn.
P.S on Kelman he said he certainly needs to do better than the earlier loan spell this season, was not impressed , but mentioned maybe an issue with Evans

Hopefully not too many.

What's happened to Kelman? Broke onto the seen few years back, prem clubs were looking but now can't get into the gills side. Needs to find a club where he going to play on constant basis! No good being stuck on the bench or in the under 23s..... game will end up passing him by soon if he isn't careful.

What's happened to Kelman? Broke onto the seen few years back, prem clubs were looking but now can't get into the gills side. Needs to find a club where he going to play on constant basis! No good being stuck on the bench or in the under 23s..... game will end up passing him by soon if he isn't careful.
He’s played every minute for them since rejoining as soon as that scum bag Evans was sacked.

He's 20, played 59 professional games and scored 8 goals, not the worst record and his contract expires next summer at QPR.

I expect he'll end up making a decent career but may follow Dru to the MLS

He’s played every minute for them since rejoining as soon as that scum bag Evans was sacked.
1 game though since Evans was sacked but ofcourse he just rejoined so more opportunities will come his way. He only played 19 games for gills and qpr combined since he left us, Not exactly been getting lot of game time. He now needs to take his chance at gills. Given the club in bit of mess he should get plenty of game time.

Last edited:
1 game though since Evans was sacked but ofcourse he just rejoined so more opportunities will come his way. He only played 19 games for gills and qpr combined since he left us, Not exactly been getting lot of game time. He now needs to take his chance at gills. Given the club in bit of mess he should get plenty of game time.
When QPR signed him they said they'd put him in the Under 23s, it's not like they bought him expecting him to be first team ready. A League 1 loan is probably about where they expected him to be at this stage.

Why he couldn't have been loaned but to us for the season I don't know.

It could've been the best for both parties. Our season might have turned out differently, although probably not and Charlie would've got more experience and maybe be in QPR's plans this season rather that being bounced backwards and forwards only to work for a **** that everyone loves to hate...

Why he couldn't have been loaned but to us for the season I don't know.

It could've been the best for both parties. Our season might have turned out differently, although probably not and Charlie would've got more experience and maybe be in QPR's plans this season rather that being bounced backwards and forwards only to work for a **** that everyone loves to hate...
As much as I like Charlie I don’t think the national league would suit his game much, think we would be better off playing what we already have.

As much as I like Charlie I don’t think the national league would suit his game much, think we would be better off playing what we already have.
We were in League Two at the time he left. So if he was loaned back to us at the time, we didn't have much up top at that time.

Dreadful tackle from both of them. Can't really disagree with the ref's thinking here
I agree, never seen it before but they are literally carbon copy tackles of each other, so can't send one off without the other.

Back