• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you welcome Ched to Roots Hall?

• Yes

Votes: 76 52.4%
  • No

Votes: 61 42.1%
  • Bart

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Farmer Fossett

Youth Team⭐
Now that his conviction has been quashed would you welcome him to Roots Hall (he has a retrial later this year which is likely to go in his favour)?

Now that his conviction has been quashed would you welcome him to Roots Hall (he has a retrial later this year which is likely to go in his favour)?

How do you know that? If found not guilty, yes....but it would still garner negative publicity. **** sticks.

If he wins the re-trial I'd welcome him, but I suspect he'll find a Championship club that'll have him.

If his name is cleared he will end up back at Sheffield United.

I'd love him here but Brown would only turn him into a shadow of his former self

If you are talking about now, 100% NO. He is awaiting a re-trial for rape. No club (or sponsors) will want to be associated with that.

If you are talking about after a re-trial (and assuming he is found not guilty - no certainly by any means), I personally would reserve judgement until then.

How do you know that? If found not guilty, yes....but it would still garner negative publicity. **** sticks.

If a conviction is quashed at the Court of Appeal due to new evidence it is almost certain that a High Court Judge will direct a Jury to find him not guilty. The Appeal court would have upheld the original decision if they had thought the new evidence was not material.

If found not guilty in the re trial then why not? every one deserves a second chance especially if it is proved that he was locked up incorrectly the first time

In fairness, the odds of acquittal at a re-trial are in is favour.

Is that just an assumption or do you happen to know that re-trials usually end in an acquittal? I'm no lawyer, I'm just interested in how you come to that conclusion.

The FA should suspend all players who are accused of a serious offence. If you want the luxury and the money that goes with the term Professional, then you have to conduct yourself accordingly. In any other professional career you would be suspended before the trial and never be allowed back if convicted.

Is that just an assumption or do you happen to know that re-trials usually end in an acquittal? I'm no lawyer, I'm just interested in how you come to that conclusion.
Read an article earlier today about the Evans case which stated that 2 out of 3 retrials in the UK end in favour of the defendant.

Am guessing it is dependant on how strong this "fresh evidence" is. Can't be that strong as courts had option today to completely waive charge. The fact they have ordered re-trial indicates no conclusion is foregone

The FA should suspend all players who are accused of a serious offence. If you want the luxury and the money that goes with the term Professional, then you have to conduct yourself accordingly. In any other professional career you would be suspended before the trial and never be allowed back if convicted.

If that were the case do you think that Leicester City fans might be making a few accusations of serious shenanigans involving Harry Kane etc? :dim:

Read an article earlier today about the Evans case which stated that 2 out of 3 retrials in the UK end in favour of the defendant.

Very interesting. Although there are many reasons for a re-trial, such as (from the CPS website):

a) a jury couldn't reach a verdict.
b) the magistrates couldn't agree a verdict.
c) ordered by a court of appeal (as in this case).
d) following a tainted acquittal.
e) an irregularity in the former proceedings that resulted in the jury being discharged.
f) a re-trial in respect of a very serious offence where new and compelling evidence comes to light.

Do you know if the statistics quoted are for retrials in general, or for ones where the retrial is ordered by the court of appeal? If it's the latter then he's got a very good chance. If it's the former, then those statistics don't really mean a lot since it might be that they are skewed by other possibilities.

Either way, this is interesting...

Am guessing it is dependant on how strong this "fresh evidence" is. Can't be that strong as courts had option today to completely waive charge. The fact they have ordered re-trial indicates no conclusion is foregone

I think their decision will be affected because it is high profile and if they admit to his innocence then he could rightly claim some serious compensation. Not just for jail time but for ruining a well paid career.

Back