• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cheese strings

Are cheese strings acceptable food for grown ups?

• Total voters

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Bloke on my desk at work buys cheese strings for lunch pretty much every day.

He gets a bit of stick for this as we reckon that's children's food, but he doesn't see it himself and continues to merrily tuck in regardless. Andrew is 23.

Is this acceptable lunchtime fodder for a grown man or should he start buying proper sandwiches?

the simple answer is no.

if it were dairyleigh dunkers on mini babybel's i would probably make it my lifes work to meet him and shake his hand. as it is'nt he has earnt my distain from afar

It's not that they're childish, it's just that they're sh!t and they taste like plastic!

Tell the man if he must eat cheese for lunch, then buy some proper cheese. Or at the very least, Dairylea.

That link took me some competition James,are you Spamming..:unsure:

That link took me some competition James,are you Spamming..:unsure:

Was there? I just googled 'cheese strings' and found that site.

I thought I'd give some detail as most people on the site probably haven't gon anywhere near such a food for at least twenty years!

wg2.jpg

Cracking cheese Gromit!

As a kiddie I loved them but a grown man there is not need for them at all everyday. Maybe once in a blue moon when you fancy a change but that is it really....

This Andrew is also 23 and I tasted them once and didn't care for them at all. Was like a big moulded together lump of Playdoh.

Cheese strings ruled back in the day. I think they are quite nice tasty. Ok for kids. Not a patch on Mini Babybels or Dairylea Dunkers though, Mmmmm......

Back