• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cheese strings

Are cheese strings acceptable food for grown ups?

• Total voters
Bloke on my desk at work buys cheese strings for lunch pretty much every day.

He gets a bit of stick for this as we reckon that's children's food, but he doesn't see it himself and continues to merrily tuck in regardless. Andrew is 23.

Is this acceptable lunchtime fodder for a grown man or should he start buying proper sandwiches?

Deceived me there James. Your threat title says 'cheese straws'. Now those, I like. But cheesestrings? Shocking!

Yep the title got me as well, read the title did not bother to read the post properly so thought the poll was about cheese straws. Although i have pinched one of the kid's cheese strings once or twice after a few beers.

Cheese strings are a contradiction in terms, they are neither cheese nor strings and are one of the most disgusting things I've ever eaten. They taste of plastic, and the texture is quite similar.

Dairylea Dunkers on the other hand are perfectly acceptable, particularly the nacho ones! I also like the Primula squirty cheeses - delicious when squeezed into a stick of celery, especially the cheese and chives one.

Deceived me there James. Your threat title says 'cheese straws'. Now those, I like. But cheesestrings? Shocking!

Yup, sorry about that, title changed. This is also a bump for this thread as my colleague Andrew deserves to have more abuse heaped upon him for his childish eating habits.

Back