• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chelsea V Ipswich

bluebrian

First XI
Chelsea have already printed details of the ticket allocation for thier possible match against Ipswich on their official site. I wonder if anyone at our club has had the sense to think about this yet. Obviosuly its not possible for Chelsea fans to buy them yet but at least their club is forward thinking. If we beat Chelsea (and for what its worth I think we will) I wonder what the club will have learnt from this sale of tickets for the Chelsea match. Maybe just maybe they might realise they need more phone operators and also they might let people queue up and actually buy tickets in person. But then again maybe not and it will be another balls up with alot of supporters missing out again.
icon9.gif

Chelsea have already printed details of the ticket allocation for thier possible match against Ipswich on their official site. I wonder if anyone at our club has had the sense to think about this yet. Obviosuly its not possible for Chelsea fans to buy them yet but at least their club is forward thinking. If we beat Chelsea (and for what its worth I think we will) I wonder what the club will have learnt from this sale of tickets for the Chelsea match. Maybe just maybe they might realise they need more phone operators and also they might let people queue up and actually buy tickets in person. But then again maybe not and it will be another balls up with alot of supporters missing out again.
icon9.gif

Typical Chelsea....big headed cocks, think they just have to turn up to get thru....have they forgotten last Saturday already!!

icon9.gif

The club only have 8 phones in that ticket office so even if they had more operators it wouldn't speed the process up at all. And according to the guy I spoke to on the phone, the decision not to allow people queuing up is in the interest of fairness for fans who come from further away but regularly attend games.

icon9.gif

I thought the clubs policy on ticket allocation was spot on.

Those who have bought tickets for a home or away game and are on their data base as having done so, having next priority of seasons, shareholders etc does seem to reward supporters ?

No selection process will be totally ideal. Can please some of the people some of the time etc.

Problem is that up to 20K are chasing 4K general sale tickets

Last edited:
Typical Chelsea....big headed cocks, think they just have to turn up to get thru....have they forgotten last Saturday already!!

I dont think they were trying to be bigheaded... On their site it says Possible FA Cup 4th Round ticket details. I just see it as being on the ball form a business perspective.

I thought the clubs policy on ticket allocation was spot on.

Those who have bought tickets for a home or away game and are on their data base as having done so, having next priority of seasons, shareholders etc does seem to reward supporters ?

No selection process will be totally ideal. Can please some of the people some of the time etc.

Problem is that up to 20K are chasing 4K general sale tickets

No problem with the policy either - its just the resource (labour & machinery) that cant cope. I am sure those poor people in the ticket office are glad its now nearly over. But then again that would be assuming we arent going to be playing Ipswich in the next round which I am sure we are.
icon7.gif

No problem with the policy either - its just the resource (labour & machinery) that cant cope. I am sure those poor people in the ticket office are glad its now nearly over. But then again that would be assuming we arent going to be playing Ipswich in the next round which I am sure we are.
icon7.gif

But why would Ron spend a fortune on putting in a system and staff to cope with something that happened very rarely. Lets be honest, the club needs this sort of game and max revenue from it. The more people it employs the less money it makes. It just isnt going to happen for those few occassions. And why should it. I think most genuine supporters who wanted a ticket, will have got one. And having queued up for ManU and Spurs tickets for hours and hours as a seaso, I think the changes they have made since have been very beneficial whether you are a seaso or not.

icon7.gif

Difficult job in trying circumstances The infrastructure is better than has been in the past though !

See the thread about those succesful in getting tickets on tinternet. Beats queuing in the freezing cold.

But why would Ron spend a fortune on putting in a system and staff to cope with something that happened very rarely. Lets be honest, the club needs this sort of game and max revenue from it. The more people it employs the less money it makes. It just isnt going to happen for those few occassions. And why should it. I think most genuine supporters who wanted a ticket, will have got one. And having queued up for ManU and Spurs tickets for hours and hours as a seaso, I think the changes they have made since have been very beneficial whether you are a seaso or not.

Agreed - but what I was really getting at was that Chelsea have already published details for the next round and that it would be a good idea for us to also be getting the details clear now so we as supporters get enough time to make plans.

Agreed - but what I was really getting at was that Chelsea have already published details for the next round and that it would be a good idea for us to also be getting the details clear now so we as supporters get enough time to make plans.

Dont see we need to....makes no difference to what the clubs think or announce. Generally its all about what the TV companies decide. Well it might do if your a up your own backside prem club i suppose.

And I personally wouldnt want SUFC to be that arrogant as to publish details about something that may or may not happen. We might aswell publish details about signing Torres......if that were the case.

I think Southend should publish details of FA cup final tickets on the official site so we can all start making our plans.

Dont agree here DWB. I think they are just being an efficient well run organisation.

Ipshite are worse than Chelsea. All they are talking about in the local press and on BBC Suffolk is how Chelski's downturn in fortune is going to help them in Round 4.

I sincerely hope we beat Chelski for one purpose, ie. so we can then stuff Ipshite out of sight on our way to Round 5.

The arrogance of Ipshite folk is beyond belief, it is far worse than the overpaid imported prawn brigade at Stamford Bridge.

If we beat Chelski then Scolari might feel a little more uncomfortable in his job. If we then beat Ipshite the buffoon that is Magilton will be collecting his P45...wonderful.

Better go now, my Ipshite seaso ticket holder boss has just walked in the office.

Some people are paranoid with their inverted snobbery. Given that thay have a chance (some might say a good chance) of having to shift 41,000 tickets in just over a week, they would be negligent if they did not start planning the arrangements (which I hope will not be needed) now. Part of that planning is communicating with the supporters. Not conceit, simply efficiency.

Some people are paranoid with their inverted snobbery. Given that thay have a chance (some might say a good chance) of having to shift 41,000 tickets in just over a week, they would be negligent if they did not start planning the arrangements (which I hope will not be needed) now. Part of that planning is communicating with the supporters. Not conceit, simply efficiency.

:net::net: someone else had to bite!!

Back