• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wally4pm

Old Timer
I know its a bit of a while until we go there on 10th December, but I've planned ahead and promised to take my missus to relatives in the Cotswolds that weekend so that I can slip off to the match! Travelodge booked, however I have realised that Cheltenham races are on that day also and that the ground is not far away from the racecourse. Will this affect us re traffic and parking? As it is the last away game before Santa arrives, will there be any Christmas fancy dress themes?

As far as I can remember there is only one road in from the south and east and it gets very busy. However, there was a Through Road through a park that cuts out loads of the traffic. Not sure if it is still available.

isn't the ground a fair way from the station?

About 2-3 miles. So prob need a cab.

There's a free park and ride service operating from the racecourse to the ground I believe. Dont fancy that though to be honest. Especially if its race day!

About 2-3 miles. So prob need a cab.

There's a free park and ride service operating from the racecourse to the ground I believe. Dont fancy that though to be honest. Especially if its race day!
I've been caught out parking there before on race day, not good. Train and cab sounds like the one...

were on the 11am out of paddington changing at swindon (the direct train was much more expensive at time of booking plus only saves 10 mins travelling time ) and the 19:11 back so gives us plenty of time for a few jars in the cotswolds. I roughly paid about £20 a ticket.

http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/#

Told the misses I was taking her way for a Sat night (10th) away in Cheltenham - nice little hotel/B&B. Told her last night as it my birthday on 6th its my weekend and we just happen to be 15 min walk from the football- so I will be there!!

There is indeed a meet at the racecourse the same day but its not a main one- so don't it will be as bad as the festival. But I woould get there early. There is public car parking in the centre and its a 15 min walk from the centre to the ground.

Back