• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cheltenham Festival tips

I've not followed the jump season much so far, probably down to me knocking online gambling on the head. It seems a lot more open than in previous years though with only a couple I'd consider "certs".

Magic systems I do not have but I have always done rather well just backing horses with Course and distance form as you know they will get up the hill. That has worked the last few years, with last year being the exception. Think the heavy ground made it a bit of a lottery.

Special mention to Danny Brock flat jockey who has gone with the rides at Lingfield despite the threats of not being used in future by other trainers due to poor monies being paid

Sorry not jumping but as a racing lover thought special mention to him and the owners who have taken part

These big trainers forget where they came from many moons ago

Wish everybody a profitable Cheltenham!

Set yourself limits, stick to those limits, and enjoy the best week of racing for the year.

SkyBet are doing a decent offer. Money back on first race (all week) if your horse don’t win. It’s a no lose situation.

Anyway, to kick us off, I’ve had £20 on Klassical Dream in the Supreme, on the nose.

Caveat: my horsey knowledge is significantly shallower than my boxing, so take my predictions with a couple of tonnes of salt @Ricky Otto :Hilarious:

Fakir D'oudairies 1.30, nice weight imho

Minella Rocco 2.50 Jonjo horses starting to look good

Brain Power 3.30 good ew and Henderson "other " horse 2nd choice out of the three runners
he has put in the race

If mine dont win , I hope one of the SZ comes in

I've had an EW Yankee on the following:

13:30 Angels Breath (I've also taken advantage of the £20 cash back offer by skybet on this horse)
14:10 Duc Des Genievres
14:50 Minella Rocco
15;30 Buveur D'air

I've traditionally done very well at Cheltenham but last year was wasn't great which I put down to the heavy ground.

Fakir D'oudairies 1.30, nice weight imho

Minella Rocco 2.50 Jonjo horses starting to look good

Brain Power 3.30 good ew and Henderson "other " horse 2nd choice out of the three runners
he has put in the race

If mine dont win , I hope one of the SZ comes in

Minella Rocco looks good, one of the top tipsters on OLBG had this to say in the forum:

"Minella Rocco is my best bet ,2 years ago was 2nd in the Gold Cup ,only a year last November was 2nd to Sizing John again. Was given a wind op and time off and 2 nice prep runs. Trainer knows the time of day and MR is really well handicapped if back any where near its best."

The tipster has 540 profit to 10 level stakes so far this season so seems to know his onions

I've had an EW Yankee on the following:

13:30 Angels Breath (I've also taken advantage of the £20 cash back offer by skybet on this horse)
14:10 Duc Des Genievres
14:50 Minella Rocco
15;30 Buveur D'air

I've traditionally done very well at Cheltenham but last year was wasn't great which I put down to the heavy ground.

I’m gunna copy you for a change mate. C’mon Minella Rocco :Clap:

SkyBet are doing a decent offer. Money back on first race (all week) if your horse don’t win. It’s a no lose situation.

Anyway, to kick us off, I’ve had £20 on Klassical Dream in the Supreme, on the nose.

Caveat: my horsey knowledge is significantly shallower than my boxing, so take my predictions with a couple of tonnes of salt @Ricky Otto :Hilarious:

Nice start GBJ

Nice one GBJ, I went Al Dancer despite questioning myself knowing the hood was gone and he was adjusting to the ear plugs!

I now have Lalor in the 14.10,Minella ROcco in the 14.50 and Buveur Dair in the 15.30.

Good luck shrimpers!

If the racing goes ahead tomorrow (talk of cancellation as very high winds are due) then I will be backing Irish all the way tomorrow

Again taking advantage of SkyBet’s offer, and I’ve gone £20 on Easy Game in the opener @ 8/1

Bit of a outsider but gone for Sams Profile in the first.
Just hope they get through the day. Surprised it hasn’t been suspended until Saturday TBH. Suspect the decision is financial which I understand but jumping in high winds is extremely dangerous and I can honestly see it being called off.

Back