• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cheltenham Festival

ok my favourite race meeting of all year, out of interest pick one horse in the whole meeting and see if you are a winner at the end

My race cert is Denman in Friday Gold Cup can get 4/1 which I feel is too generous, but its drifting so will wait until the day perhaps

Let be having your one fancy

Advertising Campaign...

William Hill. Best Price Odds. Fact.

Which is of course arrant nonsense. Will they be best price on every horse throughout the 26 races of the Festival? Of course they won't.

I'm really looking forward to the Festival; that roar from the crowd when the runners set off for the Supreme Novices' Hurdle is something else. No bets yet, but will be placing plenty of mug Lucky 15s next week no doubt.

ok my favourite race meeting of all year, out of interest pick one horse in the whole meeting and see if you are a winner at the end

My race cert is Denman in Friday Gold Cup can get 4/1 which I feel is too generous, but its drifting so will wait until the day perhaps

Let be having your one fancy

surely Kauto Star has this sewn up?

Advertising Campaign...

William Hill. Best Price Odds. Fact.

I use William Hill, and there is some truth in that. If you take a price (ie 7-1), and the winner comes in at 8-1, they pay you the higher price, on all UK racing. So you always get the best available

Only had 1 early bet on Cheltenham, in the Wordl Hurdle on Thurday. EW on sentry duty, in the race which should go to Big Bucks

Last edited:
I use William Hill, and there is some truth in that. If you take a price (ie 7-1), and the winner comes in at 8-1, they pay you the higher price, on all UK racing. So you always get the best available

As do Stan James, bet365, Ladbrokes and Paddy Power

On the radio yesterday, any losing bet on the first race of the meeting will be refunded if the Favourite wins.

Just got this from bet365, one of SZ's affilaites:

"All eyes will be on the Cheltenham Festival between 16th to 19th March for one of the biggest Horse Racing meetings of the year. The action builds up to the all important Gold Cup on Friday 19th. As well as our Channel 4/1 Free Bet Offer and Best Odds Guaranteed, we are also offering our bet365 Price Promise. Throughout Cheltenham Festival week we will be constantly updating our prices to ensure that we are best price on every horse for all UK mainland races! "

The Channel 4 Free Bet Offer to which they refer is - back a winner at 4/1 or bigger on a C4 race and get a free bet on the next C4 race.

If you've not yet opened an account with bet365, click on the link in my signature!

I've gone with that Paddy Power offer. Backed McCoy's mount, second favourite Get Me Out Of Here. If Dunguib wins, money back.

Note that the money back offer applies only to the win part of your bet, so if you had £5 e/w on a horse that was unplaced, you'd only get £5 back, not the whole £10.

betting shop absolutely rammed in london!! just backed get me out of here which lost by nothing!! well almost..

Have bets on the 3.20 kyber kim and binocular.
4.00 - l'ami
2.05 - riverside theatre.

Nah, drifting like a barge. Out to 5/1, has touched 11/2.

i backed it... was talked up 3 mins before the race in betfred and subsequently backed in. couldnt have been closer to be honest other than a photo!

Never back horses, purely because it's a sport I have next to no knowledge of, but I've been told to go e/w on Wishfull Thinking in tomorrows Coral Cup.

£5 e/w at 14's with Ladbrokes.

I backed Get Me Out Of Here e/w, so just sneaked a £1.25 profit on my £10 unit stake. Now it's e/w Lucky 15 time:

2:05 Somersby
2:40 The Package
3:20 Celestial Halo
4:00 Monkerhostin

Back