• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cheltenham Festival

betting shop absolutely rammed in london!! just backed get me out of here which lost by nothing!! well almost..

Have bets on the 3.20 kyber kim and binocular.
4.00 - l'ami
2.05 - riverside theatre.

CH CHING!!
Even Called 3rd place for this one...
2.05 let down
get me out of here - v close.

4.00 - l'ami - come on!

CH CHING!!
Even Called 3rd place for this one...
2.05 let down
get me out of here - v close.

4.00 - l'ami - come on!

AND a second place. 100% plus 4/5s of my stake... bingo! Good day's racing.

I backed Get Me Out Of Here e/w, so just sneaked a £1.25 profit on my £10 unit stake. Now it's e/w Lucky 15 time:

2:05 Somersby
2:40 The Package
3:20 Celestial Halo
4:00 Monkerhostin

Started promisingly with two places, but fizzled out; one more place would have put me in profit but it wasn't to be. Overall, a loss of £8.58 on the day.

Looking at the Ladbrokes fieldbooks, this has by and large been a horrible day for punters. To borrow a line from this morning's Independent, there will be Irishmen having to swim home after Dunguib's defeat!

Only one bet yday and that was ew on Menorah, but took 10/1 and ended at 12/1, but still a tidy profit.

First race at Cheltenham is a right mare ,but will put ew on Fabula McCain jnr horse

Today's e/w L15:

2:05 Peddlers Cross
2:40 Long Run
3:20 Kalahari King
4:00 Deutschland

As you are our resident expert, and I know nothing about horses, I went with your picks as well.

My bets for today...

1.30 - 2 outsiders... gentle ranger and pennek
2.05 finnians something or other
2.40 diamond harry (quite like favourite punchestown not liking the odds)
3.20 twist magic (master minded is quality but again odds are rubbish)
5.15 drumbaloo

used my free bet from 'the sun' to back peddlers cross in the 2.05

£7 from 20p - nice

other bets today - £1 e/w double on citizen vic (2.40) and master minded (3.20)

£1 e/w forpadydeplasterer (3.20)

Last edited:
Today's e/w L15:

2:05 Peddlers Cross
2:40 Long Run
3:20 Kalahari King
4:00 Deutschland

A winner and two places, so a small profit of about £7.50. Had Deutschland won - or even been placed - in the 4:00 it would have been a tidy little profit, but nevermind. Still money in the account for tomorrow's fun!

Back