• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Chesterfield v Southend United, Saturday 6th November, 3.00pm, FAC1

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 63 80.8%
  • Jason Demetriou (edit: not available - still injured)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 59 75.6%
  • John White

Votes: 56 71.8%
  • Kacper Lopata

• Shaun Hobson

Votes: 61 78.2%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Jack Bridge

• Harry Phillips

Votes: 56 71.8%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 53 67.9%
  • Zak Brunt

• Sam Dalby

• Rhys Murphy

Votes: 62 79.5%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Louis Walsh

• Terrell Egbri

• Nathan Ralph (edit: not available - still injured)

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Matt Dennis

• Will Atkinson

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Harry Seaden

• Win

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Lose

Votes: 19 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well when we win the FA cup, we will have received prize money for the previous rounds too as I presume it's a cumulative total.

So the war chest will be bursting with a further £3,478,004 in total :Happy:
Nah, Ron will have spent the rest of the war chest by the time we lift the FA Cup in May 2022?

Don't change a thing, if possible. Normally I'd warn against playing what was quite an attacking line up against a side like Chesterfield, but it's the FA Cup, let's go for it.

This match should show how much if at all we’ve truly improved since the 0-4 at RH. Personally I think a defeat is still likely, but I just want to see us be competitive and stay in the game. Cause them some problems, maybe nick a goal. If we go down to a battling and committed 1-0 or 2-1 defeat I’ll take that as progress.
Don't be negative

Momentum is an important thing, regardless of the competition.
As @Rob1920 put it, we need a decent performance and obvious signs of progress.
I think we all know what another 4-0 would do for a side still deep in league trouble.
But factoring Brunt and Lopata and Chesterfield injuries, would be very surprised to suffer a similar caning.

Totally agree CPM. chesterfield fan's on Football Forum highlighting injury issues days ago and the fact they are focussing on promotion. I think we should go to it. Any sort of result would show progress we have made on and off the pitch since we last played them.

Can't see many blues travelling to this one.

Hooefuy there will be a few hundred Hardy blues fans In attendance to cheer the boys to victory.

Be nice to get through and boost the excitement levels and finances.

Very tempted to head down the Dronfield bypass for this - just a warning as modest sized town traffic in Chezvegas can get pretty chaotic on a Saturday so if you are driving or cabbing it from the stations make sure you have plenty of time. It is a lovely smart ground as well far better than Saltergate which always made me paranoid as the main stand was wooden!

Can't see many blues travelling to this one.

Hooefuy there will be a few hundred Hardy blues fans In attendance to cheer the boys to victory.

Be nice to get through and boost the excitement levels and finances.
Looking at the Chesterfield website, it appears we've sold 247 tickets so far (the front three rows were unavailable, I seem to remember from when I purchased mine).

Very tempted to head down the Dronfield bypass for this - just a warning as modest sized town traffic in Chezvegas can get pretty chaotic on a Saturday so if you are driving or cabbing it from the stations make sure you have plenty of time. It is a lovely smart ground as well far better than Saltergate which always made me paranoid as the main stand was wooden!

Went a few years ago by train (when there was snow all around) & I found it an easy walk to the ground (despite the ice) - even easier as I stopped in a pub enroute.

Probably a bit late to post that advice now ............. sorry.

Really disappointed to be missing this one , especially as driven past Chesterfield on my way up to current location in Newcastle, but hope to find time to update on phone, Id be happy with a draw ,would be good and a chance to repair the battering we received at home

C'mon u blue boys, or flash white boys or light-yellow and blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back