• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper

Life President
Starting XI: Morris, Clohessy, Coughlan, Barker, Gilbert, Simpson, Grant, Timlin, Soares, Paterson, Fairhurst

Pretty much what i expected but wouldn't have dropped Hall. If Soares does well then i would have been proved wrong but don't expect much threat coming from the flanks today, we all know Simpson is pretty anonymous in that position. Happy with the strike pairing though, here's to 3 points.

UTB!!!

Pretty much what i expected but wouldn't have dropped Hall. If Soares does well then i would have been proved wrong but don't expect much threat coming from the flanks today, we all know Simpson is pretty anonymous in that position. Happy with the strike pairing though, here's to 3 points.

UTB!!!

Agreed. I would of had Hall instead of Soares as well.

But Soares had his best game in a Blues shirt, against Barnet during the week. Hopefully that was the turning point for him and he continues to improve.

Very harsh on Hall, who I think is turning in fairly consistently good performances. He made Corr's goal last home match and I'm sure he was influential on Tuesday night too. Poor old Rhys Evans again, is he only going to be used in cup competitions? Coughlan and Barker should be pretty solid at the back, I guess Timlin comes back in to help protect the back 4 though. Thought we did ok with a conventional 4 man, 2 centre mids midfield at Barnet, certainly Simpson and Grant managed well enough in the middle.

Incidentally, why does Fairhurst start when Jarvis hasn't been given much of a go?

Last edited:
A forward line of Craig Davies and Jack Lester scares the **** out of me. Add to that Danny Whittaker on the left wing and our boys at the back are in for a torrid afternoon.

Keep it tight and no mistakes please lads.

Come on!

Sturrock obviously doesn't think Jarvis is up to starting a game, kind of agree as he only played 45 minutes against Lincoln and looked knackered towards the end. Definitely more of an impact sub. Fairhurst has played at this level and is a pro at Doncaster unlike Jarvis who is a youth at Cardiff, Fairhurst is going to be fitter and that pretty much is why he starts i reckon, also the fact he's proved he can score at League 2 level. Optimistic, come on you BLUES!

Sturrock obviously doesn't think Jarvis is up to starting a game, kind of agree as he only played 45 minutes against Lincoln and looked knackered towards the end. Definitely more of an impact sub. Fairhurst has played at this level and is a pro at Doncaster unlike Jarvis who is a youth at Cardiff, Fairhurst is going to be fitter and that pretty much is why he starts i reckon, also the fact he's proved he can score at League 2 level. Optimistic, come on you BLUES!
Fair enough then I guess, but surely if that's the case it's pretty pointless having Jarvis here. Harry Crawford did great when he came on and is a good, strong player so I'd use him anyway.

Sounds like Gilbert is having a pretty tough time so far, Talbot causing problems down the wing. We had a chance cleared off the line i think, steady start.

Sounds like Gilbert is having a pretty tough time so far, Talbot causing problems down the wing. We had a chance cleared off the line i think, steady start.

Gilbert worries me against a skilful winger. Never understood why Talbot didn,t progress, was a very well thought of striker who did well with Luton when they were in the Championship with us, but career seemed to got lost with their money problems.

Back