• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chilli growing

Che's Left Foot

an Australian chap
Anyone else grow 'em?
I've got some CRACKING Jalapeños, PUNISHING Thai birds eye chillies both in their second years, and looking to get some habanero's on this spring but I wanna MAXIMISE my crops...any fellow growers got any tips? :thumbsup:

I grew a lot in my old flat where i had some really good full length windows and a balcony. Found it was perfect growing conditions. In our new house our garden is north facing and chillis have not turned out too well, although grew some small ring of fire chillis last summer and have a big batch frozen.

Chillis are dead easy to grow and the longer you leave them the hotter they tend to get, so i pluck them at various stages and freeze them so you can easily add them to food.

well drained soil, regularly watered (but not over watered), tap the flowers once they're out (helps with pollination) and if you want to feed them then Tomorite is pretty good. other than that put them somewhere with plenty of light (though direct sun through glass may be too severe sometimes) and you should get a decent crop

Back