• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thorpe Groyney

Open your mind
My lad, in his infinite wisdom, is commemorating his 14th birthday by writing an a-b-c guide to the 2010 Formula One racing season. Now, normally, with petrolheads, they look and sound particularly trainspotterish about the sport. He, though, isn't. This is some of what he's written so far on what's ... "true about F1 stars".

-------------

Nico Rosberg was originally named John Lemmon but changed his name aged 18 to avoid confusion with legendary Beatles singer Paul McCartney.

Michael Schumacher is black.

Sebastian Vettel once ate 18 pork pies at once. He said "They tasted too much like rubber to be considered a pie."

Mark Webber claims that Australia is the home of Chinese food, saying "We just call it food here."

Jenson Button was actually born in a large tin of mayonnaise.

Lewis Hamilton lives at a YMCA flat in Coventry where he shares a room with Gary Barlow.

Fernando Alonso won the 1988 world title by one point from Sir Tarsole Marques and Rene Arnoux by clever use of wing mirrors, pit stops, dynamite and laxatives.

Robert Kubica is Ghanian.

Sebastian Buemi made history aged 21 when he became the first Red Bull driver to race in F1 without ever having driven. The management team are now carefully planning a "tragic accident" for him at the Chinese GP.

-------------

I don't know about you but I think I'd be more inclined to buy a guide like this than F1 Racing magazine. Or anything really.

Written by your son? He has a future in comedy writing Groyney, that's damn funny!

Or a career in the underworld judging by the "tragic accident" line.

Wish I could take the credit for this but it comes entirely from his fevered brow. I'd have put on his guide to David Cameron, too, but libel can be very expensive.

Back