• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chris Coyne

Ron Manager

formerly Libertine
His Perth Glory team may have left Brisbane with the points on Sunday but you'll be glad to know I reminded him of his scum past with a few chants of 'Col Ewe reject' and 'Once a scum always a scum'.

:D

Yep, well played there sir

Though i think for his next visit you should up the stakes and take a snipers rifle with you

His Perth Glory team may have left Brisbane with the points on Sunday but you'll be glad to know I reminded him of his scum past with a few chants of 'Col Ewe reject' and 'Once a scum always a scum'.

:D

Just remember though he may be a Colchester United reject but he did make 5 appearances for Southend earlier in the decade on loan. So he did technically play for our club first.

Just remember though he may be a Colchester United reject but he did make 5 appearances for Southend earlier in the decade on loan. So he did technically play for our club first.

Really?

I honestly don't remember that! I was almost certainly there for those games too. Could have thrown some 'Southend Rejects' in as well :doh:

Five? I can see one, and that was from the bench.

Yeah I took mine from Wiki too. But he did play for us which is a positive sign. Wish he had of stayed instead of moving to Colchester, I cursed so much when he moved from Luton to Colchester specifically as he was almost and Australian international at the time.

Just looked at Soccerbase (more reliable than Wiki) he did indeed play one game for Southend off the bench. Still guess they all count.

Here is the link.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=12397

As far as I know there has only been two Aussies at the club Federici and Coyne. I hope there are others.

Yeah I took mine from Wiki too. But he did play for us which is a positive sign. Wish he had of stayed instead of moving to Colchester, I cursed so much when he moved from Luton to Colchester specifically as he was almost and Australian international at the time.

Just looked at Soccerbase (more reliable than Wiki) he did indeed play one game for Southend off the bench. Still guess they all count.

Here is the link.

As far as I know there has only been two Aussies at the club Federici and Coyne. I hope there are others.

Luke De Vere from Brisbane would be a good signing...excellent young centre half who's blossoming playing beside Craigey Moore. Currently with the Young Socceroos.

Last edited:
Luke De Vere from Brisbane would be a good signing...excellent younge centre half who's blossoming playing beside Craigey Moore. Currently with the Young Socceroos.

I currently believe that the A-League is almost up to the standard of League One if not just below it. I would love for us to start hunting down some players from the A-league. They would be on low wages compared to Championship players and there are some players who could do a good job in League One.

I currently believe that the A-League is almost up to the standard of League One if not just below it. I would love for us to start hunting down some players from the A-league. They would be on low wages compared to Championship players and there are some players who could do a good job in League One.

Ahh but you would be asking them to change their Aussie lifestyles (which Lib CONTSTANTLY drones on about) to come play in England in the cold and rain

No brainer surely ??

Ahh but you would be asking them to change their Aussie lifestyles (which Lib CONTSTANTLY drones on about) to come play in England in the cold and rain

No brainer surely ??

I think I'm quite restrained really...I post far more bollocks about obscure indie bands ;)

I think the A-League will be a launching pad for young Aussie's. Europe is still the place to be, especially if they have genuine international aspirations.

Last edited:
I think I'm quite restrained really...I post far more bollocks about obscure indie bands ;)

I think the A-League will be a launching pad for young Aussie's. Europe is still the place to be, expecially if they have genuine international aspirations.

Only teasing mate .. but seriously though, why would any beach bum Aussie (which i would be too lets face it) swop that to play in a league that is no better than what they currently play in

Only teasing mate .. but seriously though, why would any beach bum Aussie (which i would be too lets face it) swop that to play in a league that is no better than what they currently play in

As a stepping stone to better things really. Look at Tim Cahill, went to Millwall and on to a career as a Premiership superstar and genuine world class international.

The A-League is a decent league but the only A-Leaguers picked for Australia are established internationals who've come back to Oz at the end of their career.

As a stepping stone to better things really. Look at Tim Cahill, went to Millwall and on to a career as a Premiership superstar and genuine world class international.

The A-League is a decent league but the only A-Leaguers picked for Australia are established internationals who've come back to Oz at the end of their career.

Or for players who have attempted a career in Europe but failed miserable.

E.g. David Carney first stint with Sydney was on the books at Everton and some Scottish team that was very low in the league.

Scott Jamieson who went from Bolton to Adelaide United.

Nicky Ward who went from England to Perth then went to Q.P.R and Brighton but came back to Melbourne.

I agree with Blueblood in that the lifestyle in Australia would be better but if they want an international career Europe is the way to go. Mind you many of our best players are now going to Asia. Milligan, North, Beauchamp, Kennedy, Griffith brothers.

Here is the link.

Adem Poric and Andy Petterson were both briefly Shrimpers.

Federici is the only decent one, unless you count Ricky Otto as a convict.

Back