• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scamps

Manager
The other week i emailed Chris Kamara, asking him what he thought about southend. Here's what i wrote and he's response. What do u think?
rock.gif

Are you surprised how Southend are doing this season, because you always seem to put us down? Do you still think we will go down this season? I don't. Steve Tilson has got a very good and well organised team at Roots Hall, who play very good football. Lee Mason

Firstly, that is nonsense about me always putting Southend down. I can say 95,000 nice things about a club, but people only ever remember the one negative and say that I hate their club. I was very impressed with Steve Tilson last year and it is no different this year. However, I co-commentated on their Carling Cup match with Southampton and I was very disappointed in them. They didn't play well at all and I would have been lying if I said they did. Their league form has already shown they are in with a shout of promotion and I thought bringing in Shaun Goater to play alongside Freddy Eastwood was a brilliant move.

That's a pretty fair comment from Kamara - I can remember him praising us several times last season.

Didn't say whether he thought we'd go down or not though!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Sep. 22 2005,12:56)]That's a pretty fair comment from Kamara - I can remember him praising us several times last season.

Didn't say whether he thought we'd go down or not though!!!
Politicians response!

To be fair to Kamara (through gritted teeth) he has in the past given Southend a fair bit of praise.

Last season on Goals on Sunday he commented on Tilly's management style and seemed impressed. He also quoted something that Spencer Prior had said to him about how good Tilly is with the players and in the dressing room.

Cant argue with Southampton comments or Goater.

I would never say he hated us, but i dont think he says enough good things about us, compared to clubs on the same level that he does.

I have heard him say good things about us, last year on sky sports, he was talking about league 2, and he really brown nosed us for about 10 minutes, was fantastic!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Sep. 22 2005,13:56)]Didn't say whether he thought we'd go down or not though!!!
Well, he said that judging by our performances so far we have a shot at promotion. What more do you want him to say?

rock.gif

PS. I am not a fan of Kamara!

tounge.gif

I cant stand the bloke after the commentry on last years play off final - Thought he was Keith Alexanders gay lover after all the arse-licking he did that day

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ Sep. 22 2005,12:45)]I thought bringing in Shaun Goater to play alongside Freddy Eastwood was a brilliant move.
even though they haven't really played together yet.

rock.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Sep. 22 2005,13:04)]I cant stand the bloke after the commentry on last years play off final - Thought he was Keith Alexanders gay lover after all the arse-licking he did that day
Have to echo that.
He seemed so gutted Lincoln didn't clinch promotion & we did, still it is Sky, what do we expect, impartiality?

I think Chris Kamera is impartial to every team. Never have I heard him criticise one team or what one team to win more than the other. He has always wanted the better team to win and he is always honest and carefully considers every point of view he makes.

Chris Kamera is my hero and he always will be. One dayI hope to see him in charge on Southend.

I don't know what this rubbish is that he keeps being negative about us. I remember on numerous occassions last season where he was extremely positive about us, and even wanted us to win the league at one stage. He was disappoint Lincoln didn't go up, more than the fact we did because his good mates with Keith Alexander which is fair enough.

Playoff final aside I've always found Kamara quite fair towards us. Alan Brazil on the other hand - he used to actually rip us apart mid nineties onwards. Compared to him - Kammy is chairman of the supporters club!!

I couldn't care less what Chris Kamara says about us. To be honest, I hope he, like everyone else, does slag us off, we seem to keep proving them wrong.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ Sep. 22 2005,12:45)]The other week i emailed Chris Kamara, asking him what he thought about southend. Here's what i wrote and he's response. What do u think?
rock.gif

Are you surprised how Southend are doing this season, because you always seem to put us down? Do you still think we will go down this season? I don't. Steve Tilson has got a very good and well organised team at Roots Hall, who play very good football. Lee Mason

Firstly, that is nonsense about me always putting Southend down. I can say 95,000 nice things about a club, but people only ever remember the one negative and say that I hate their club. I was very impressed with Steve Tilson last year and it is no different this year. However, I co-commentated on their Carling Cup match with Southampton and I was very disappointed in them. They didn't play well at all and I would have been lying if I said they did. Their league form has already shown they are in with a shout of promotion and I thought bringing in Shaun Goater to play alongside Freddy Eastwood was a brilliant move.
I'm amazed that anyone could care remotely what Kamara thinks of us ... or in fact of anything else.

Oh, hold on .................. does he have a view on Podcasts?

Everytime anyone (be it Chris Kamara, Ian Atkins, Chris Waddle, Ronnie Moore) says anything which could be construed as something other than 100% praise there are always posters on here going off on one. So what? Are people on here really that insecure of Southend's status?

If people are giving their honest opinion, I couldn't really care how deluded that opinion is. What annoys me is ill-informed patronising/ brown-nosing comments.

I also e-mailed Kamara. This is what I wrote, and his reply.

Are you backing the 'Vote Steve' campaign? If so, why?
Do you think we should have our North bank back? If so, why?
Why is it when my Brother comes over to visit we seem to hit a dodgy patch in our season? And when he comes over this year would you like to put him up for a while?
And last but not least, have you heard of SZFC?

rock.gif

Yes I am 100% for the 'Vote Steve' campaign, he is great. Prodical Son and I love him very much. He is the way forward.
I dont care much about your f%&king North Bank!
To be honest I think your brother's a complete t%&t! And feel sorry for you having to put up with him. I would take him off your hands for a few days but I have recently moved in with Keith Alexander and feel it would be complicated....Sorry.
SZFC?.......Are you serious? I have seen them play a number of times and feel they have come a long way since last season. I was impressed with ORM and the way he drives the team forward, he is a legend.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Sep. 22 2005,14:53)]Everytime anyone (be it Chris Kamara, Ian Atkins, Chris Waddle, Ronnie Moore) says anything which could be construed as something other than 100% praise there are always posters on here going off on one. So what? Are people on here really that insecure of Southend's status?

If people are giving their honest opinion, I couldn't really care how deluded that opinion is. What annoys me is ill-informed patronising/ brown-nosing comments.
Agree 100%.

Why would anyone in the media have a hatred of us? We really aren't that important.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Sep. 22 2005,21:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Sep. 22 2005,14:53)]Everytime anyone (be it Chris Kamara, Ian Atkins, Chris Waddle, Ronnie Moore) says anything which could be construed as something other than 100% praise there are always posters on here going off on one. So what? Are people on here really that insecure of Southend's status?

Agree 100%.

Why would anyone in the media have a hatred of us? We really aren't that important.
The Geezer column in the Scum seems to rip the s**t out of us at every opportunity

defintely some anti Southend feeling there

Back