• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Charlton's Chris Powell has dismissed rumours that he will
be joining West Ham.

However, he admits that if he's still out of Alan Curbishley's side in January, a loan move will be considered.

He told icons: "There was something in the papers about me going to West Ham, which neither of us knew anything about and Alan Curbishley had put a stamp on it.

"Alan has told me he still sees me as a vital part of this squad and I appreciate that.

"It's the club I've always said I want to finish my playing career at, but the fact remains I still want to be playing regularly. That's why I'm a footballer, so I can play football.

"We've got a lot of games coming up, and me and Alan have said that after Christmas, if the injury situation improves and I'm still not in the side then we'll discuss the possibility of me going on loan somewhere in the Premiership, or maybe even Division One.

"However, I would only go out on loan if it suits not only me but the manager and the squad. Paul Konchesky is out on loan and Alan is within his rights to think that if I go and someone gets injured he may be left short. So we'll discuss it when the time comes.

"Like I say, it's not a question of me being desperate to go somewhere, but I want to play and Alan Curbishley knows that.

Story filed: 08:00 Friday 19th December 2003

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Dec. 19 2003,10:22)]That's why I'm a footballer, so I can play football.
Can't argue with that.

Back