• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chris Powell

Given that Brown has already put his hat in the ring for a possible vacancy at Sunderland in say 18 months time, could we have the foresight to find a Director of Football role or such like for him ?

After all if we can pay Hunt £6k a week ......

You would have thought that a draw away at Reading was a decent point...having said that, they've only won three times all season.

They didn't win at all in August.

So if Brown was to have a bad run of games and get sacked, he could walk straight in. Makes sense to me.

In my opinion, I agree, a 2-2 draw against ex premiership reading isnt exactly a terrible result & I didnt think his recent results were worth a sacking. Especially not at this moment in time, I would have thought, if they were going to fire him it would have happened if they lost to their local rivals Leeds. At least that way, there would have been some fan support for his dismissal.

He plays with one striker up top, there would be uproar :smile:

giphy.gif

Huddersfield are still mid-table aren't they? And they're best asset in years (Rhodes) was sold on as well.

More to this than meets the eye, I think.

Always a gent to me - loved the way he played with a smile. :smile:

Huddersfield reportedly bringing in Dortmund's ex-under 23 manager who everyone thought was on his way to Liverpool as he's a very good friend of Klopp's. Perhaps a matter of them feeling they couldn't turn him down which rushed the decision and forced Powell out.

I read in one of the papers that Chris had fell out with chairman because he would not play academy players in the first team .

I read in one of the papers that Chris had fell out with chairman because he would not play academy players in the first team .
Could be true but sounds to me like a chairman making excuses that the fans will agree with after making a decision which hasn't gone down very well, most Huddersfield fans seem to think he was doing alright.

Back at Derby as assistant to new boss Nigel Pearson. Sigh.

Back at Derby as assistant to new boss Nigel Pearson. Sigh.

Only an assistant though, he's waiting for the Southend job. He was one of the front runners for the Bolton job.

Back