• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Chris Ramsey, Head Coach (chris.ramsey@charlestonbattery.com)

In his first year in charge Head Coach Chris Ramsey led the Battery to its best regular season record (19-3-5) and the Southeast Division title. The Battery finished the regular season in first place in the Eastern Conference and was awarded an automatic bye into the second round. Ramsey thus continued the Battery tradition of never having failed to make the playoffs. A native of England, he played in all four English Pro leagues with spells at Bristol City, Brighton & Hove Albion, Swindon Town and Southend United. While at Brighton he played in an F.A. Cup Final against Manchester United.

Ramsey began his playing career in 1978 as an apprentice with Bristol City F.C.; during this period he was also a member of the England Youth Team. From 1980 to 1985, Ramsey played for Brighton and Hove Albion F.C., a spell that included an F.A. Cup Final match against Manchester United. Brighton tied United 2-2 in the final but lost the replay 4-0.

In 1984, Ramsey was transferred to Swindon Town F.C. and from there to Southend United. Ramsey was also a player-Coach for the Naxxar Lions in the Maltese Premier Division, and in the US was a player, Assistant Coach and Coach for the USL Cocoa Expos.

In 1998 Ramsey began working for the English Football Association (the governing body of English Soccer), where he was a Regional Director of Coaching. While working for the Football Association he served as the Head Coach of the England U20 National Team. During his tenure as the U20 Coach, Ramsey successfully guided the team to the 1999 FIFA World Cup Finals in Nigeria. He was also the Assistant Coach of the U16 England Team at the 2000 European Championships in Israel. Ramsey also Coached the U16's and U20's.

In addition to his coaching responsibilities while at the F.A., Ramsey was a scout for the Full National Team under Kevin Keegan.

After leaving the F.A. Ramsey was the Assistant Coach at Luton Town F.C. until November 2000. Ramsey holds a UEFA coaching "A" license and a Football Association Coach Education Diploma. He holds a diploma in Treatment of Sports Injuries and holds degrees in Education, and a Masters degree in Science.

Ah, but have you seen the "Three Lions Pub" which is, I kid you not, a "traditional English-style pub"...?!

laugh.gif

photo_stadium_TLC1.jpg

In typical US fashion, however, the facilities are top notch:

photo_stadium_TLC2.jpg

photo_stadium_TLC3.jpg

photo_stadium_TLC4.jpg

And here's a photo of Chris Ramsay, in case you'd forgotten him (or, as in my case, he was before your time so you didn't know him at all!):

headshot_coaches_ramsey.jpg

It's a pretty good website - http://www.charlestonbattery.com/ - although it doesn't really explain what league they're in. All that I can say is that they're based in Charleston, South Carolina... here's a map if you're curious:

south_carolina_90.jpg

Charleston is just above St. Helena Sound, which is in the sea towards the bottom right hand of the map. In terms of where it is in the US, you can see South Carolina on this map - it's between North Carolina and Georgia on the Eastern seaboard:

united_states_pol02.jpg

OK, I'll admit it, I'm doing things to take my mind off the game tonight!!!

ghostface.gif
unclesam.gif

Matt

Back