• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cian Bolger

Named players' and fans' player of the season at Fleetwood. Done well considering he couldn't get in the team at the start of the season.

Named players' and fans' player of the season at Fleetwood. Done well considering he couldn't get in the team at the start of the season.

Always thought he was decent whenever I saw him. Things might've been different had we kept him here.

Good luck to the lad. He never really enjoyed playing at RH because he was targeted by the boo boys. They don't seemed to like CB's who are young and still learning their trade. Plus he was well aware that he had been extra targeted as he was PB's only player that we had paid money for even though it was only £25,000.

Good luck to the lad. He never really enjoyed playing at RH because he was targeted by the boo boys. They don't seemed to like CB's who are young and still learning their trade. Plus he was well aware that he had been extra targeted as he was PB's only player that we had paid money for even though it was only £25,000.

Boo boys judgement needs questioning if he's gone elsewhere and won player of the season in a side that's finished top 6.

Whilst accepting that our fans are pretty intolerant of most young players learning their trade - Bolger left last season because Brown scapegoated him after his slip late on against Chesterfield and left him out of the next game and as I recall told Brown what he thought of him. Within a week he had been loaned to Bury and in mid May quickly snapped by Fleetwood.

It was he and Barret that contributed to 7 of those 8 clean sheets that eventually got us into the play offs in 14/15.
He is one that not have been allowed to get away.

Whilst accepting that our fans are pretty intolerant of most young players learning their trade - Bolger left last season because Brown scapegoated him after his slip late on against Chesterfield and left him out of the next game and as I recall told Brown what he thought of him. Within a week he had been loaned to Bury and in mid May quickly snapped by Fleetwood.

It was he and Barret that contributed to 7 of those 8 clean sheets that eventually got us into the play offs in 14/15.

Ooh, I bet that hurt. Mind you, he's recovered pretty well.

I still cannot understand how the club forked out 25k then released him on a free....mad.

Bolger IMO was decent and .

And that was just his manager!

More to it than that but its been and gone. Just glad he has proved so many on here wrong.

More to it than that but its been and gone. Just glad he has proved so many on here wrong.

If theres more to it than that why apportion the blame for his departure on a small portion of fans? Besides taking a degree of stick is part and parcel surely of the learning experience? In addition when asked, a considerable number of players said they are concentrating so hard they rarely or never listen to crowd comments. Its a bit too easy to lay the blame at fans when clearly there were issues with Brown and other matters that you allude to

If theres more to it than that why apportion the blame for his departure on a small portion of fans? Besides taking a degree of stick is part and parcel surely of the learning experience? In addition when asked, a considerable number of players said they are concentrating so hard they rarely or never listen to crowd comments. Its a bit too easy to lay the blame at fans when clearly there were issues with Brown and other matters that you allude to

For a start I never said he left because of fans. I said he never really enjoyed his time here. Why do I know because I had a chat with him before any fall outs and I could tell he wasn't exactly happy.

I know every ones different but in the modern world players can get abused on social media not just during the 90 minutes. They will hardly admit to it publicly that abuse gets to them. In the last few years one of our players did not play for a few weeks due to 'stress' after being targeted by his own fans. No I won't name him but how do you think that makes the squad feel or young lads who are just in the team.

I think you'll find its those sort of people PB is referring to when he described them as 'Empty heads'.......Couldn't agree more.

I've no insights into why Bolger left but given that he had a good season with Fleetwood and we ended up with two good centre backs in Thompson and Ferdinand it looks like its worked out for the best for all concerned. Perhaps it would be wise to leave it at that?

I've no insights into why Bolger left but given that he had a good season with Fleetwood and we ended up with two good centre backs in Thompson and Ferdinand it looks like its worked out for the best for all concerned. Perhaps it would be wise to leave it at that?

I understand where you're coming from, but there's still the danger that the same "empty heads" will simply acquire a new target and we'll lose other players who could have contributed positively for years. A bit of reflection seldom hurts.

I had real hope that Bolger and Thommo would be able to form a superb partnership, possibly for a long time. Clearly that wasn't to be, but I still rate Cian and don't begrudge him his success.

Injured and not playing at Bradford in their play-off first leg.

Back