• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Claridge's Luton prediction

This has been said before by others but I think Luton will play at a higher level now they are down, and we as usual will be paralysed in front of our home crowd. Quite expecting to lose this one, and I am normally an optimist.

:( :(

I agree with ACU (shock horror, it has finally happened!!) but I think now the pressure if off Luton, they will come to play with no restraints placed on them by fear of losing.

On the other hand, if we did get an early goal, then it is likely they could crumble as there would be no incentive to get back into the game,

If, as expected, Freddy and Gower dont pass fitness tests, then it may well be a horrible way to bow out of this division in front of our own!

I watched Luton v Derby last Friday and there was not a lot between the two sides.
Luton battled for the ball and played with passion. I think if they play like that next season they will have a good season in League 1.

I think we'll lose. I also think there's going to be trouble.

Saturday at 4.50 will not be a nice place at Roots Hall :(

Why would there be trouble? Surley not all of the 100 Luton fans coming down are trouble makers?!!!

I predict trouble, but only between Southend fans. Someone will applaud the players and somebody will turn round and say "why are you applauding them, they're ****" and they'll respond back with a witty retort and fisticuffs will ensue.

Luton aren't coming down to cause trouble, they're coming down for the traditional end of season **** up for the last away game of the season.

Why would there be trouble? Surley not all of the 100 Luton fans coming down are trouble makers?!!!

Like YB said, no trouble from the Luton 100 but I can see a pitch invasion and fights breaking out on the Southend terraces especially if we're 3-0 down at half time and people are leaving.

On the bright side, we'll win 6-0, Hull will get thumped therefore cancelling out their goal difference. :D

luton looked a pretty good side against derby the last time i saw them. it would be great if we could end the last game at roots hall this season with a win but i see it being a pretty tough mathc. they've got nothing to lose and will just do there best. even though relegation looms you've got to remain positive and if we do get a win it will all go down to the last game which i have been looking forward to for sooooooooo long. going to be a great day out where everyone can just enjoy themselves. away games (atmosphere wise) are always the best, not that many supporters can top our away support this season. lets take one game at a time, hopefully best luton and just see what happens at southampton. we all know southend never do anything the easy way

I think after the season Luton fans have had to endure no one could begrudge them a win and a nice day out. Without Freddy and Gower we dont have a chance anyway.

Cardiff's faintest of chances rest on them improving their goal difference by around 8 goals in their last two games . Lets hope they get most of them on Saturday !

This has been said before by others but I think Luton will play at a higher level now they are down, and we as usual will be paralysed in front of our home crowd. Quite expecting to lose this one, and I am normally an optimist.

:( :(

Bang on. I think Luton will grab an early one and glide home. Not confident at all.

Back