• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
OS

Sean Clohessy has today signed a 1 year extension to his current deal. Meaning he is tied to SUFC until 2013.

Good news in my opinion. Think he has had a decent 1st season, considering the step up from Salisbury. Think he will be a key figure next season.

**Awaits DtS' comments....** :censored:

Last edited:
That is good news.

Would players be signing if they were worried they weren't going to get paid?
I think players willing to extend their contracts is a good sign.

With all these players falling over themselves to sign contract extensions, does it mean they're being paid?

I think Tara (and Paul) to his credit, are certainly starting to get the ship back in order. A long way to go, but the signs are encouraging.

Last edited:
With all these players falling over themselves to sign contract extensions, does it mean they're being paid?

Exactly the point. All the " i know for a fact ........" stories we read on here about non payment, blah blah, surely are shot down when you see players extending their contracts. Would you extend your contract for another 2 years, if your employees had not honoured it for the past 12 months ???

Personally I think its a great extension and a great yard stick to where we were 12 months ago !!

There's obviously some sterling work going on around players contracts, surely this must be a reflection of growing stability at the club.

Some fantastic work behind the scenes to get these contracts done so early and settle the team in time for the pre-season. I'm starting to think that we're building a decent little team for next season and we could surprise some people.

V good player in my opinion and subject to some unfair stick on here. Great going forward and improved a lot defensively.
What a refreshing change from last season when players couldnt wait to leave. Credit must go to Luggy he is obviously a manager who fosters a good team spirit and loyalty in his players. Would be nice to see Grant and Corr sign extensions soon.

Good news. I like him, thought he made the step up very well. The lack of a pre season probably caught up with him in the end though.

I really like him, although he had less of an impact in the 2nd half of the season (probably due to fitness after stepping up from non-league), a pre-season will do him good I'm sure, plus perhaps a player offering competition for his place.

I was under the impression that Luggy would have had Clohessy as his player of the season. Played every game after stepping up from non league level.

I was under the impression that Luggy would have had Clohessy as his player of the season. Played every game after stepping up from non league level.

that is indeed a very impressive stat. we've had so many players who 'apparently found the step up from non-league too much' but Clohessy especially, and Hall and Moshni also have made it look very easy.

that is indeed a very impressive stat. we've had so many players who 'apparently found the step up from non-league too much' but Clohessy especially, and Hall and Moshni also have made it look very easy.

Agreed - I think Luggy has got a good eye for raw talent.

Pleased that Clohessy has committed too - he's got good pace and is a decent crosser of the ball too. With a full pre-season, and perhaps more importantly, the experience of late season under his belt - provided he stays fit - he should be a key player for us next season.

I am mixed. Thought he started well and was one of the best players to start with but really faded badly.

I am not opposed to him as a player but I just feel that we could get a better defender. On the plus side he has a good engine and work ethic but again I dont like his final ball. Still maybe better the devil you know prehaps.

Not for the first time I find myself agreeing with DTS....Early on he caught my eye as one of the better crop of the new signings
I am mixed. Thought he started well and was one of the best players to start with but really faded badly.

I am not opposed to him as a player but I just feel that we could get a better defender. On the plus side he has a good engine and work ethic but again I dont like his final ball. Still maybe better the devil you know prehaps.

Excellent news. All these contract extensions give out an image of a much more stable club to potential new players, compared to last summer.

Clohessey may have faded during the course of the season but I think he made the more appearances than any other player at the club and after stepping up from non-league, so it's no suprise he ran out of steam. The experience of this season & a full preseason will stand him in better stead for next campaign.

Back