• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't think Lidl could fit a store with access and parking on the Prospects site alone- I think it is highly likely that Lidl has simply replaced Sainsbury as the partner on this project- only way it makes sense.

certainly Lidl wouldn't buy the site as some sort of spoiler- that type of thing doesn't happen.

I would have thought a lidl store would typically be a bit smaller- but that can equal just more parking or houses.

Build a new store and house a shed load of potential customers right behind it, nice

Well access to the retail park would be through B&L's but the plans include access to the stadium off of Fossetts Way to the north.

The plans are for the entrance and retail park to Fossetts through Boots and Laces, I cant imagine the back entrance being enough to cater for the ground. If big money is spent on Boots and Laces that raises a lot of questions.

That said, the training ground was meant to be at the back of the stadium, if it were built there that would go with the original plans.

Maybe Ron has sold the fossett farm land to Sainsburys and is using some of the money to improve training facilities.

i am now so confused with the situation, is the fossett land Rons to sell?

Maybe Ron has sold the fossett farm land to Sainsburys and is using some of the money to improve training facilities.

I cannot believe for one minute we would find £2m to spend on training facilities unless part of a bigger event. Something bigger is a foot and now we must suffer and wait- hopefully not too long

No dont believe so, think its the Councils who agreed for us to have it for the Stadium.

If Sainsbury dont want to build a big store at Roots Hall they arent going to want a one out of town either.

2m is a lot to spend if its just upgrading B&L, far more likely that its building new training facilitires in line with the previous plan.
Then there will be somewhere to train whilst the stadium is being built .

Having waited many years for a new stadium ( including the Jobson era) I will wait a little longer to hear.
The new movements do seem like part of a bigger plan though

Having waited many years for a new stadium ( including the Jobson era) I will wait a little longer to hear.
The new movements do seem like part of a bigger plan though

It was around 25 years ago, i had moved out of the area but returned to Basildon whilst working as a sales rep. In the area close to Festival hall there was a sign that said " proposed site for Southend Uniteds new stadium". Shortly after the sign was removed. I wish that i could be more precise about the date.

I wonder if they will build an indoor training centre, or a all weather pitch. At the moment they can't train a lot at Boots & Laces because of rain everyday.

2million for training ground - blimey? Gold plated showers? Jamie Oliver hired as cook? What on earth are you going to get for that price. What wrong with phil brown and the players doing it up the summer!

2m is a lot to spend if its just upgrading B&L, far more likely that its building new training facilitires in line with the previous plan.
Then there will be somewhere to train whilst the stadium is being built .

My think this is spot on, the training ground needs to be moved and to to do that we have got to spend money on it. I honestly think this is all part of moving the project forward... I hope it is anyway!!

Ron's spending £2m on boots & laces? ..I'd expect some socks & shin pads thrown in as well for that amount of cash

(I'll get my coat...)

The upgrade to the training facilities might cost £2m, but there's no way on earth it'd cost the club £2m. There are countless grants and funding schemes the club can take advantage of if they're to renovate the training facilities, especially if they intend to open them up to other uses.

Back