• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That is what I'm thinking, but part of me still thinks something bad is lurking .....

All this is promising news, but lets face it, we couldnt build the stadium with Sainsbury interested. We are told that things are now easier, but only time will tell how much so.

I doubt its going to be plain sailing.

All this is promising news, but lets face it, we couldnt build the stadium with Sainsbury interested. We are told that things are now easier, but only time will tell how much so.

I doubt its going to be plain sailing.

Very true, Southend United and plain sailing never go hand in hand! :winking:

Shame we can't spend a small amount of that cash on a decent striker! Lol

Well now surely we can train our current strikers to kick the ball properly surely :smile:

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 1m1 minute ago
Ron Martin on the training ground improvements - “It will go hand-in-hand with the stadium plans." @SUFCRootsHall @Essex_Echo

To me that would imply the improvements will be made at the location of the new training ground, not boots and laces?

Perhaps Ron has bought the Soccerdome after all...

I guess that would cost a fair whack and can be assembled/dismantled/moved as required.

Will it be plonked on the land to the north of FF where the proposed training ground will be.

The upgrade to the training facilities might cost £2m, but there's no way on earth it'd cost the club £2m. There are countless grants and funding schemes the club can take advantage of if they're to renovate the training facilities, especially if they intend to open them up to other uses.

This is worth noting. A few posts about this with our Col U posters in the thread below - also mentioning Ben Coker before signing him that summer is spooky!

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?77151-Newport&p=1525157#post1525157

Perhaps Ron has bought the Soccerdome after all...

I guess that would cost a fair whack and can be assembled/dismantled/moved as required.

Will it be plonked on the land to the north of FF where the proposed training ground will be.

Where the jcb type digger and men were working in the summer doing drainage works

Only way it makes sense- and it seems increasingly clear it's now moving ahead.

In 5 years time, when we are in Division 2 and the 4th side to the new ground is being built, I will say "I was in bed when I read the news that the new ground was finally going ahead" ....... or perhaps it's all a dream. :unsure:

Why do all of you want this stadium so bad? won't you miss good old roots hall? i will! I've been going roots hall all my life and would hate to see it go. and also we will probably do a darlington! the stadium will cater for 22 thousand people, we can't even sell out Roots hall! and for people like me who get the train to games have no hope as Fossetts farm is in the middle of bloody nowhere. so yeah I'm against having a new stadium and would rather stay at roots hall and spend the money on players so we can climb the divisions.

Why do all of you want this stadium so bad? won't you miss good old roots hall? i will! I've been going roots hall all my life and would hate to see it go. and also we will probably do a darlington! the stadium will cater for 22 thousand people, we can't even sell out Roots hall! and for people like me who get the train to games have no hope as Fossetts farm is in the middle of bloody nowhere. so yeah I'm against having a new stadium and would rather stay at roots hall and spend the money on players so we can climb the divisions.

Well said sir!!.:thumbsup:

Back