• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I see the BBC are reporting that Exeter cannot afford to keep some their existing players.

I wonder how many teams in the division are financially clinging on with their finger nails.

Southend ............. errrhhh, enough said already.

Accrington - putting a team together on a pittance of a budget.

Bradford - reported to have some large debts.

Northampton - large amounts of money sunk into the club with little/no result so far.

Fleetwood - spending away for a number of years now.

Rotherham - spending away as well and with a new ground to pay for.

York - looking for a new ground as to stay with they are is not financially viable.

Any others?

The list of financially secure clubs would probably be a lot shorter!

Fleetwood made a fair amount on the player they sold last year.

As for everyone else, unless you are getting bankrolled, as Rotherham seem to be, its hard see how anyone can be financially comfortable.

I see the BBC are reporting that Exeter cannot afford to keep some their existing players.

I wonder how many teams in the division are financially clinging on with their finger nails.

Southend ............. errrhhh, enough said already.

Accrington - putting a team together on a pittance of a budget.

Bradford - reported to have some large debts.

Northampton - large amounts of money sunk into the club with little/no result so far.

Fleetwood - spending away for a number of years now.

Rotherham - spending away as well and with a new ground to pay for.

York - looking for a new ground as to stay with they are is not financially viable.

Any others?

Aren't Port Vale in similar difficulties?

Port Vale have new owners. How that leaves them I have no idea, Id assume they are at least stable now.

Perhaps if the Sky money were spread around a little more generously some of the smaller clubs could afford to invest in young talent and in time produce a crop of strikers amongst others to enable England managers to stop scratching their heads when searching for someone to score goals when the likes of Rooney etc are unavailable.

Perhaps if the Sky money were spread around a little more generously some of the smaller clubs could afford to invest in young talent and in time produce a crop of strikers amongst others to enable England managers to stop scratching their heads when searching for someone to score goals when the likes of Rooney etc are unavailable.

Some would argue that it's the Sky money that's caused many of the problems inherent in football.

Couldnt agree more - absolutely correct

If the money was shared around it would share exactly the same problem around.

Teams would have more money to pay players with so their wage bills would increase and we would end up with over paid players in lower leagues as well as the Premiership.

There is no incentive to develop players if you have more money to buy them, you find foreign players are priced cheaper than English players so thats what you end up with.

Some would argue that it's the Sky money that's caused many of the problems inherent in football.

Indeed , adding more money to any league is not going to improve anything other than allow more clubs to run well in excess of their income. Look at Bolton and Blackburn, getting millions in sponsorship and still running at a loss.

Absolutely .......... and we might even be able to produce footballers who have manners and can act responsibily both on and off the pitch ........... it's all a dream of course ...........:facepalm:

Absolutely .......... and we might even be able to produce footballers who have manners and can act responsibily both on and off the pitch ........... it's all a dream of course ...........:facepalm:

If only :smile:

It very much is a dream. No club would invest the money in to youth development, they would simply pay more for players and live further above their means.

A wage cap (globally) would help!

Well in the lower leagues thats certainly being applied and theres also the financial fair play rules applied to the premiership. Dont know anything about it and the last I heard clubs were just finding ways around it by selling stadium rights etc to inflate their income.

Fleetwood made a fair amount on the player they sold last year.

As for everyone else, unless you are getting bankrolled, as Rotherham seem to be, its hard see how anyone can be financially comfortable.

Do clubs like Rotherham not learn? Nearly went out of business a few years back and had to leave their stadium.

Built a brand new shiny ground and making ridiculous offers for lower league players. What happens when whoever's putting the money in isn't happy that fat **** Evans hasn't got them into the Championship after two seasons.

I don't know the in's and out's of the club, so someone might shoot me down here, but making offers in the region of £500,000 in league 2 can't be operating "within budget".

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3lxayd

Thats football clubs for you.

If you have someone pumping money it off of their own back then its fine when things are rosy.

I have no idea how Rotherham are financed but Im sure if they are being bankrolled they dont mind as we wouldnt. Its when you have owners who cant afford to bankroll you things come apart as we now know.

Well, I suppose Crewe Alex's Nicky Powell has just been sold to Man Utd.........

Do clubs like Rotherham not learn? Nearly went out of business a few years back and had to leave their stadium.

Built a brand new shiny ground and making ridiculous offers for lower league players. What happens when whoever's putting the money in isn't happy that fat **** Evans hasn't got them into the Championship after two seasons.

I don't know the in's and out's of the club, so someone might shoot me down here, but making offers in the region of £500,000 in league 2 can't be operating "within budget".

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3lxayd

Actually it's more sensible making large one time signings on a low wage if you can afford it than signing a free transfer on a huge contract for several years.

Rotherham will never learn with Stev Evans at the helm he spends like confetti. I just hope PS comes out in the press and slates Evans like he slated PS.

Back