• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
....off the back of a decent home performance he has no idea how to win the next away game. Yet another year wasted under this bul lshi tting clown, please Ron rescue the season NOW with a new appointment, and yes i have just sat through 70 minutes of that negative cr ap!

So predictable we would lose today.

Please get someone else in Ronald ffs

The tactics are completely all over the place yet again with no plan B. The players don’t look up for it whatsoever, they’re certainly not playing for this idiot.

I think today is the breaking point... we’re going nowhere under Brown anymore.

So predictable we would lose today.

Please get someone else in Ronald ffs
...he came here with a reputation of being a showman and a clueless negative idiot.....should have gone a year ago imo but now he has confirmed what everyone thought.......media and sunbeds beckon!

No fight away from home if we go behind. It's happened far too often, something has to change.....

Honestly the squad is extremely mediocre and I don't understand why many people think it's good enough for promotion. We've got a lot of players with experience that once would have been able to find a club better than Southend, they are now with us is because they are rapidly declining with age and most clubs know it. There's maybe 4 players I could see being in a promotion side and most of our backup players and arguably Ferdinand aren't even League 1 quality. We have wingers that can't cross, strikers that can't shoot (aside from Cox they've never been prolific) and defenders that make basic errors.

If Brown does go I can't see what a new manager will be able to do to salvage the season unless Ron gives him the budget to bring in new players in January so the crowd will probably get on the new guy's back because he can't work the miracle of making this side good. I'm guessing Brown will be owed a decent amount of compensation so I'm not sure we can even afford to bring in a new manager unless Coughlan is made manager. I'd let Brown's contract run out to the end of the year and then bring in a fresh face next year when he'll have a proper chance to rebuild the squad.

Honestly the squad is extremely mediocre and I don't understand why many people think it's good enough for promotion. We've got a lot of players with experience that once would have been able to find a club better than Southend, they are now with us is because they are rapidly declining with age and most clubs know it. There's maybe 4 players I could see being in a promotion side and most of our backup players and arguably Ferdinand aren't even League 1 quality. We have wingers that can't cross, strikers that can't shoot (aside from Cox they've never been prolific) and defenders that make basic errors.

If Brown does go I can't see what a new manager will be able to do to salvage the season unless Ron gives him the budget to bring in new players in January so the crowd will probably get on the new guy's back because he can't work the miracle of making this side good. I'm guessing Brown will be owed a decent amount of compensation so I'm not sure we can even afford to bring in a new manager unless Coughlan is made manager. I'd let Brown's contract run out to the end of the year and then bring in a fresh face next year when he'll have a proper chance to rebuild the squad.

Being mediocre is one thing. I am not suggesting we have a top six side but we have the personnel to at least play some football above the abject trash we are treated to. For me it's not all about winning. There are better teams, the better teams will often win, but we should be giving it our best and sadly I do not believe we are.

It was the same team I would of chosen today, so it has to be lack of fight/belief and poor tactics.

I was never an anti Brown person, but I now think it’s time to go.

Sadly Lenny will be off in a January now as well, so season is over for me.

Brown has to take blame for recruitment. I also don't see this squad being lowish wages, so expectations must be play-offs this time around. I don't see Knightly coming down to a mid-table League 1 side. Players aren't stepping up yes but Brown is the spearhead who takes the can.

Brown's contract is up at the season's end so it can't be that much to sack him compared to last year or whatever. Leaving Brown in charge and then changing at the seasons end will only result in relegation. Make the change now rather then wait. No point to delay and give the players an excuse to be lazy.

I know Martin gives managers time but if he is planning to get rid of Brown, it might as well happen now.

It does feel like the end now. Same was felt for Tilson and Sturrock. New voice needed. Nothing wrong with that. Managers don't last long anyway but Brown has done well to get this far and right so. Brown has done great over the 4 years but a change is needed I feel.

No fight away from home if we go behind. It's happened far too often, something has to change.....
Brown: "I made the worst decision of my managerial career leaving Michael Timlin out. There was no spirit in the team, no desire or commitment and that it was typifies Michael Timlin. Without that determination you have no chance of getting anything here."

If Phil dosent start Timlin in midfield in future matches instead of the muppets we currently have there, with the exception of Lenny, then reluctantly I'm afraid Phil the time has come for you to leave.

Brown: "I made the worst decision of my managerial career leaving Michael Timlin out. There was no spirit in the team, no desire or commitment and that it was typifies Michael Timlin. Without that determination you have no chance of getting anything here."
......another cracker from Phil..... leaving out the makeshift, not very good left back that fights with the meek and mild physio is his worst managerial decision. Even worse than showing up your own players at half time on the pitch, priceless!

Now, that isn't a very clever thing to say.

Bearing in mind your left-back is 22 and just getting back into the side.

Serioisly; he thinks Timlin is the answer - if he really believes that, then please go Phil and take Timlin with you

Now, that isn't a very clever thing to say.

Bearing in mind your left-back is 22 and just getting back into the side.

I don't think Brown necessarily meant at LB. I think generally on the pitch. possibly at CM. He was talking more about Timlin's fighting spirit on the pitch and how it can uplift other players

OK, fair comment 'DWB'.

If that's the case, why didn't he bring him on as a sub at half-time, then?

Time for a dressing room visit from Ron to tell a few home truths to some of the disinterested players.....was he there today?

OK, fair comment 'DWB'.

If that's the case, why didn't he bring him on as a sub at half-time, then?

Andy, no point with disagreeing with DWB, you get abused then threatened by Mods for sticking up for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back