• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Coaches stuck!

w
Well Done to all aboard Zone 1. Thought you ALL showed great resiliance in what was a very frustrating time on the M25. You are all stars! :winking: At least we had alot of food and drinks left on board.
Nevermind Fran or any of the TZ'ers using the loo, we had a mad woman walk and slide to us, get on board, used the loo and as she walked off had a go at us for using the loo. She never even said thank you as she barged through.:stunned:

Last edited:
Poor Fran, I know that, like me, she detests the loo on the coach!

Yes Kay, Fran is not a fan of 'wee' cubicals they have on coaches, but waiting for the services stop was not an option. Fortunately it was under the cicumstances kept reasonably clean and usable.

We did not quite get round to eating each other thanks to the supply of crisps,biscuits,fruit salad's drinks etc. Silver Shrimper was eyeing likely candidates up to assess who the tenderest meat would come from!

Despite everyone being tired from being up well over 24 hours, we seemed to all accept the situation reasonably well. Credit to all on board and in particularly to little Charlie and the other 2 young lads at the front.

I applaud all those that travelled to Plymouth. You are the best supporters that any club could wish for. I'd like the club to repay your support by maybe giving you a freebie trip later in the season. Perhaps we could get the Echo to feature your mammoth trip home to highlight your dedication (or stupidity?). May be the football authoriities should look at this problem again. It is not only getting the pitch that is the big issue, but also the team and the clubs officials, supporters, media etc all have to get home safely especially when all the emergency services are advising people not to travel.

Hats off to our supporters who went. :happy:

The poor Fulham players didn't get home from Manchester 'til 3 in the morning because there flight was cancelled, diddums!

I do wish people would get there facts straight, the coach didn't hit the central reservation, the driver avoided hitting a car that was going all over the place in doing so finished up the stones and couldn't get out.

This reminds me off our coach that broke down on the way back from Doncaster in the 2nd leg of the play off finals, we finally made it home at 7:00am lol

I do wish people would get there facts straight, the coach didn't hit the central reservation, the driver avoided hitting a car that was going all over the place in doing so finished up the stones and couldn't get out.

If thats the case tell the echo the correct facts other than want they have printed about hitting the central carriageway at least there was no injurys and everbody got home safely if just a little bit later than expected

i enjoyed driving home this morning from the kursaal function after my sons enagement party took just under 2 hrs to get back to hockley

Jesus I couldn't think of anything worse than being stuck on the side road presumably with nothing alcoholic to help you get through it!!. Count yourselves lucky though folks that CS Cockles wasnt there he wouldn't have eaten at least three of you mob :). worse things happen at sea and it's a funny story in about 6 months.

Jesus I couldn't think of anything worse than being stuck on the side road presumably with nothing alcoholic to help you get through it!!. Count yourselves lucky though folks that CS Cockles wasnt there he wouldn't have eaten at least three of you mob :). worse things happen at sea and it's a funny story in about 6 months.

Very Good :smile:

Great 'blitz spirt' yesterday/today well done everybody for keeping in good spirts, plenty of quips and jokes. Yes we all shouted NO when the radio interviewer on the radio if it was worth it, but we know we will meet back on the coach for more because we are what we are Southend fans.
With the tens of thousands of miles we have covered since weve been travelling we haven't done bad and that includes the trust as well.

Just read this thread in full my deepest sympathies to everyone onboard. I really hope the club and the team do something for you. I am sure it wouldn't have felt quite so bad we if had held onto the lead yesterday must have made it feel even worse.

The central reservation is the area between carriage ways traveling in opposite directions.

There is normally a steel or concrete barrier in the middle of the central reservation.

The coach slid off the carriage way, in to the central reservation, which is where the stones were, narrowly missing the steel barrier.

Incidentally, I didn't think coaches were allowed to overtake moving traffic in the outside lane!?

The central reservation is the area between carriage ways traveling in opposite directions.

There is normally a steel or concrete barrier in the middle of the central reservation.

The coach slid off the carriage way, in to the central reservation, which is where the stones were, narrowly missing the steel barrier.

Incidentally, I didn't think coaches were allowed to overtake moving traffic in the outside lane!?

Pretty sure they are. Think it's articulated vehicles that are prohibited.

Back