• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

COD MW2 Stimulus Pack - PS3

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
When the friggin hell is it released on PS3?

I have heard April 30th, May 30th, blah blah blah...

Is there any confirmation from IW on release date or GBP Price?

Also X-Boxer's. What are the new maps like? Any major glitches?

None so far Smiffy although I have heard on the 360 grape vine that there are one or two issues regards the licence agreement with Sony. Which, I suspect, is why they've been so quiet on the subject since there release on the Xbox.

If it's any consolation it is way over priced on the 360. Overgrown and Crash are exactly as they are on COD4, which just leaves 3 new maps for 1200 points (about £9.00) although they are hugely enjoyable.

Phil

I can exclusively reveal, that the New maps will be released on May 4th for PS3. Trust me on this :)

Make the most of this game, it could be the last COD. The two major designers have walked out of the company and both sides are suing each other. Read it in The Times this morning.

Make the most of this game, it could be the last COD. The two major designers have walked out of the company and both sides are suing each other. Read it in The Times this morning.

Activision or Trearch (sp)? Trearch were given the rights to use the same game engine that Activision used on COD4 for World at War, hence the supurb game play and graphics on that game. Either way the franchise will continue in one guise or another. Both have traditionally taken it in turns to release the next instalment and if one doesn't because of legal issues the other will get in on the act. There is FAR to much money to be made to let the game die, in my opinion anyway.

Phil

Activision or Trearch (sp)? Trearch were given the rights to use the same game engine that Activision used on COD4 for World at War, hence the supurb game play and graphics on that game. Either way the franchise will continue in one guise or another. Both have traditionally taken it in turns to release the next instalment and if one doesn't because of legal issues the other will get in on the act. There is FAR to much money to be made to let the game die, in my opinion anyway.

Phil

Infinity Ward did MW1 and MW2. Trearch were nowhere near it.

As for the money side of it -

25m copies sold at £40 = £1bn. + Stimulus package say, 15m sold at £10 = £150m

Yep, that is one great big pile of money.

Infinity Ward did MW1 and MW2. Trearch were nowhere near it.

As for the money side of it -

25m copies sold at £40 = £1bn. + Stimulus package say, 15m sold at £10 = £150m

Yep, that is one great big pile of money.

Point taken fella, I got the names mixed up. It's Activision that own the 'Call of Duty' name I believe. Can't really see them letting such a huge money spinner like this go t1ts up because a couple of the games developers are taking them to court for whatever reason. There are many game programmers out there either working for other companies that could be poached or working independently who would jump at the chance to get involved in the next instalment.

Phil

I have also heard that MW2's Map Packs will be released on the PS3 on 4th May.

I have a few mates who have played the maps on the 360. They are quite impressed with them. My suggestion is that if you want more information on the new maps, then you are best off typing it into YouTube, and watching some of the videos on there. I have watched one already which goes into talking about the maps, and a bit of gameplay as well. I will be purchasing the maps for sure!

Got an Xbox map pack, is not all that. Crash and Overgrown are good because they were on Cod 4, Bailout, Salvage, Storm not all that i think. My opionion other people may disagree with me!

Stimulus Map Packages are in the PSN Store NOW!

Played most of them, and so far, so good! :)

£10.99 to be pedantic.

Purchasing mine shortly. Will probably be a right sado and walk round the levels on my own for a bit. Scouting out the best camping spots!!

You're not the only one! ;)

Good. Is a bit of a shocker when one of your mates sneakily jumps in and pops you off though. GraysBlue Jr is a ****er for that.

:D That happens to me all the time! :D

Didn't happen to me today though, most of my mates haven't downloaded the Maps yet!

Back