• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
On the Ipswich Town forum that they are about to make a bid for Ben coker.

Hope there is no truth in it as he is class and would be a huge loss

They can **** right off! I know we are pretty much certain to lose Bentley purely because he is a huge young prospect. But we can't lose Cokes too, we always struggle to find a decent left back, and we would definitely struggle to replace all that he brings.

Ipswich are, of course, well entitled to make a bid - just like any club. How much they bid and what the terms of the offer are is another matter.

I don't want Coksey to move on ............ but isn't it nice, in a bitter sweet way, that other clubs higher up the pyramid are interested in some of our players ........... which suggests we have some talent in the team.

They can **** right off! I know we are pretty much certain to lose Bentley purely because he is a huge young prospect. But we can't lose Cokes too, we always struggle to find a decent left back, and we would definitely struggle to replace all that he brings.

Don't despair - Andrea Dossena is a free agent. Yours for just £22,000 a week.

Like with all the rumours, the later it is in the transfer window the more we need to demand to replace him. Never want to see Coker go buy with the first game of the season only a week and a half away there really wouldn't be much time to get a replacement in. Maybe Brown is keeping an eye on Binnom-Williams for that reason.

Think he's a great player and proved to be League 1 quality easily, even if some have questioned his record at this level in the past, and I've almost been more surprised that this is the first we've really heard of another club considering a move for him.

Last edited:
I would rather lose Bentley than Cokes. Let's hope the club have enough backbone to say no if a bid does come in.

He's supposedly one of the players signing a new contract with the club, or so I've heard. I doubt the club would allow him to leave anyway without a sizeable offer as his current deal is under contract until 2017 anyway.

Not good enough to play at that level. Don't think we have much to fear.

I'm not sure about that. I actually think coker has real class. Very very good on the ball and puts a cracking ball in. I would say that his game has increased by 25% since he has been with us.

He could easily be better than quite a few left backs in the championship.

Best left back that's actually ours since Chris powell left

I'm not sure about that. I actually think coker has real class. Very very good on the ball and puts a cracking ball in. I would say that his game has increased by 25% since he has been with us.

He could easily be better than quite a few left backs in the championship.

Best left back that's actually ours since Chris powell left

Nope. Not good enough. Simple as. We tend to big up our better players and turn them into invincibles - nothing unusual about that. But We don't have any players, Bentley aside, who are heading for the top 2 leagues.

Nope. Not good enough. Simple as. We tend to big up our better players and turn them into invincibles - nothing unusual about that. But We don't have any players, Bentley aside, who are heading for the top 2 leagues.

In your opinion!

What do you mean, the whole team will be heading for the top two leagues come the end of this season :winking::hilarious:

Cokes is a very good full back and would be a massive loss if he left.

They got £8m for Mings so we shouldn't let them replace him for cheap. Coker is our best outfield player IMO, maybe Wordsworth will take that mantle but still need to make them pay to get him. £1m+

Not seen this anywhere else on the Internet - think it might just be a Twitter 'in the know' type rumour that someone's made up. Coker's good but I can't see a Championship club paying money for him.

Back