• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Col******r fans

Colchester fans - Do they exist?

• Of course, many of my best friends are Col Ewe fans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, there are a few at work I know of

• Hmm, I think I might have met one once

• I heard the rumours, but remain sceptical

• Never met one

• Over by the frozen food, next to Red Rum, Elvis & Lord Lucan

• I am one

• Total voters

Hong Kong Blue

There are estimated to be fewer than 7,000 tigers left in the world. Official figures show that there are fewer than 3,000 Col******r fans.

The odds are therefore that most of us are more likely to have seen a tiger than a Col******r fan.

My personal experience backs this up - even on visits to Col******r, not considered to be a tiger hot-spot, I have seen tigers on maybe a handful of occasions, but have yet to see a Col Ewe fan.

I voted for the top option because two of my best friends are Col******r fans, and one of which was at Roots Hall on monday. I had great pleasure waving at him in the North bank whilst he was sitting head in hands after every goal and the full time whistle.

I voted the top one, but just realised i dont no any ?
They dont exist, suppose Col******r people all support the teams that are doing well, atleast we have pride for our own town
biggrin.gif

but i suppose we dont live in a s%&t hole like them so dont have to be embarased ;0

even though there are few of them, they still arguee amongst themselves on there official message board, soon they will be extint, the col u fan is becoming a rare specie (soz i know i spelt that wrong)

was so funny to see a full blown arguemnt about a bottle of water, as they get mugged at Layered in the Road, saying how cheap roothall's was, and better food.

to any lost col U fans taking an intrest in us!

W will see you, we will se you, we will see u in march to send you down! we will see u in march to send you down.....talking about down......LAYER ROAD IS FAL.....  
biggrin.gif

Having spent a lot of time in C0lchester at uni over the past two years, I've not seen one Col Ewe shirted fan.

There appear to be some of them who go to Layer Road though. Or maybe they're a mirage. After all it's difficult to hear them....

I went to school with one - poor deluded soul that he was. They do exist - but, as HKB rightly points out, they are an endangered species.

However, unlike other endangered species such as the tiger, Ewes fans are not worthy of being afforded any special protected status...

tounge.gif

I thought i saw one once but it was just a tramp wearing tesco bags.

then again.......he could be the one
laugh.gif

My brother's girfriend's second team is Col******r (I believe her grandad was a real Col Ewe fan) and my boss's friend claims to be one although he's also claimed to be a 'fan' of Coventry, Arsenal and Chelsea in the last few years despite never going to any of their games. Tenuous I know - never actually met a real one.

I work with a Col Ewe fan down here in Hove and, banter aside, the truth is that they are just people who share our love for our home town club. We'd have no problem chatting about Saturday's game irrespective of the result and neither of us would take it too far.

Col Ewe, Borient and Canvey are sporting rivalries to me rather than a cause for hatred (though the behaviour of a minority of Ooze fans has tested that at times), West Ham / Manure etc and the obnoxious, glory hunting amoebas who accompany them will always be the real scum for me.

I've never met a Col Ewe fan!

At school I was surrounded by Hamsters, which sucked normally but was great when we beat them at the Hall!

I met one once, when i was still at school we were having our class photo taken and we asked the photographer if he supported Southend United and he replied 'na mate, quite the opposite. I support Col******r'. To which about 5 of us just laughed in his face (we were about 14 at the time
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
)

To the tune of Spitting Image's "I've Never Met a Nice South African"...

Well I've never met I nice Col******r fan
But it's not bl**dy suprising coz
Their a bunch of inbred farmers
And an endangered species.

---

But I do work with a Tranmere Rovers fan.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (General Easterly @ Sep. 02 2005,14:09)]To the tune of Spitting Image's "I've Never Met a Nice South African"...
Blimey... there's a blast from the past - but, alas, it does rather date you as well.  I'd wager that few on here under about 25 would know about that one!

laugh.gif

No he's never met a nice South African
And that's not bloody surprising man
'Cause we're a bunch of talentless murderers
Who smell like baboons

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 02 2005,14:51)]No he's never met a nice South African
Who smell like baboons
suspect.gif
Good Lord...

This 27 year old has never heard of it either... shame really, cos it sounds like a top song
biggrin.gif
it's particularly appropriate to their Rugby Union team, who do their best to maim and decapitate England every time we play them...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Sep. 02 2005,15:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 02 2005,14:51)]No he's never met a nice South African
Who smell like baboons
suspect.gif
Good Lord...

This 27 year old has never heard of it either... shame really, cos it sounds like a top song  
It was indeed, typical Spitting Image and very biting as well.  The lyrics in full are here (*)  - as you can see, no punches are pulled!

It does make you think how far South Africa has travelled as a nation since then (then being, I'd guess, about 1986 or so...?)

In fact, on checking, it was 1986 - and this song was on the "Double B side" single that Spitting Image released... and which got to number 1.

The other song on the single was the legendarily awful "Chicken Song" (as in "Hold a chicken in the air, stick a deckchair up your nose" etc).

biggrin.gif

Matt

(*There's a link to the "Never Met a Nice South African" text in the white box on that page next to the copy of the single cover)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Sep. 02 2005,15:34)]Who were all those people who turned up as away fans on monday then?
they weren't fans they were on day release

Back