• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Col******r fans

Colchester fans - Do they exist?

• Of course, many of my best friends are Col Ewe fans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, there are a few at work I know of

• Hmm, I think I might have met one once

• I heard the rumours, but remain sceptical

• Never met one

• Over by the frozen food, next to Red Rum, Elvis & Lord Lucan

• I am one

• Total voters
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Sep. 02 2005,15:34)]Who were all those people who turned up as away fans on monday then?
Not sure. They didn't make much noise, so I duobt they were Col Ewe fans. Maybe they were all just day-trippers hoping to catch a glimpse of the fabled Col Ewe supporter.

Maybe we should put Bill Oddie on the case.

'And here deep in the suburban jungle of C********r, we are loking for the elusive Ciscrapteamoniovre or simpler...the C********r fan. One has not been spotted here since 1996 and I am here to prove that still exsist. But as they are very quiet creatures, who sleep duringthe day and are oblivous to all other facts of life. such as you shouldn't sleep with your sister. '

tounge.gif

I have never met a Col Ewe fan.

Watching the Season Review DVD last night I thought it was funny that the only singing you could hear in the LDV game was by SUFC fans!
' Do you ever sing a song?' 'Shall we sing a song for you?' etc.

i've never met a COl Ewe fan either fortunately.

My guess is that if there really are any they are all in a "Care in the Community" programme and are sitting in a village somewhere being tested for inbreeding.

Did anyone see that programme on telly about the village where they bring up and look after the less fortunate of us and then "release" them back into society? I can't remember the place, but think it may be full of Col U.

i met one today poor fellow took him to the rescue centre they told me they would find him a good home failing that they would shoot him

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCHUTTON @ Sep. 03 2005,12:51)]i met one today poor fellow took him to the rescue centre they told me they would find him a good home failing that they would shoot him
Is an easy-skip considered to be a good home, because if it is I'd rather be shot?!?!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (silentshrimper @ Sep. 01 2005,19:20)]atleast we have pride for our own town
biggrin.gif

but i suppose we dont live in a s%&t hole like them so dont have to be embarased ;0
Funny that because people who life in Col******r probably think the same of us. I found Col******r to be much more shopper friendly, better pubs, more shopper choice, many more facilities, better road links, better surrounding area, in fact better by far than Southend other than their football team. Sort of puts it into perspective dont you think.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Sep. 03 2005,21:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (silentshrimper @ Sep. 01 2005,19:20)]atleast we have pride for our own town
biggrin.gif

but i suppose we dont live in a s%&t hole like them so dont have to be embarased ;0
Funny that because people who life in Col******r probably think the same of us. I found Col******r to be much more shopper friendly, better pubs, more shopper choice, many more facilities, better road links, better surrounding area, in fact better by far than Southend other than their football team. Sort of puts it into perspective dont you think.
Seb, I think you could say that of most towns - people friendly ours aint

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Sep. 03 2005,09:28)]Watch Sky at 12 today and see how many sheep-shaggers make it to Bristol . Not many I bet !
Watched the game and I see that they only brang a few! Also it was funny to see them hit the bar with 4 yards of the open goal!  
laugh.gif

I don't want to give Mike a damned good excuse to extol the benefits of Javea because when all is said and done Southend is my birthplace and I love it to bits but it pains me at times to see the place the way it is.

The only visionaries in the town seem to be

1) the bloke that owns Adventure Island - every new venture he applies for gets turned down
2) the airport - but too many Nimbys will probably kill that off one day

Next year will be 30 years since the Pier Fire - My parents were in tears the day that went up. I remember enough of what the end of the pier looked like to understand (now) where they were coming from.

The list of faults with this place is endless but still - given the right weather - the crowds come flocking.

I don't want us to become a Brighton or a Bournemouth. We are and always will be a day-tripper resort, but we should be able to do much better.

Still, it is better than the late 70s and early 80s. What a fleapit the seafront was then. In those days the high street was buzzing though. Oh and we had the Odeon !

We vote the council in - its our own fault.

Back