• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Colchester sack Williams

Nobby Snide

I know its the wrong place, but Colchester sack Williams after poor start..I wonder how close Tilly was for the same treatment?

who will take over?
will it revitalise thier season?

all interesting stuff........

I know its the wrong place, but Colchester sack Williams after poor start..I wonder how close Tilly was for the same treatment?

who will take over?
will it revitalise thier season?

all interesting stuff........

And moved.:)
No surprises there, as the natives were becoming restless, there is talk about Plankinson coming back, we shall see.

I doubt if Tilly was even close.

no, i doubt he was either, but the clubs' recent past and performances have been strangely similar.

I haven't watched Col Ewe is ages, but it seems rather harsh on him. They were batting even further above their average than us when they were in the Second Division and his achievement in keeping them up there for another season should have been worthy of a Manager of the Year award.

Relegation in the second season was practically a certainty, so essentially he's been booted out for a wobbly start. Madness.

Col Ewe Job Vacancy

Col Ewe Job Vacancy

Col Ewe are advertising a vacancy for a "Technical Analyst"!

Hear there could be rapid promotion at this club? ;)

Link

Col Ewe Club Statement

Col Ewe Club Statement

In my opinion, Geraint was badly let down on Saturday by some of his players who failed to play for him, some of our supporters who failed to support him and by myself for failing to publicly back him before it was too late.

No surprise there then!

Link

I haven't watched Col Ewe is ages, but it seems rather harsh on him. They were batting even further above their average than us when they were in the Second Division and his achievement in keeping them up there for another season should have been worthy of a Manager of the Year award.

Relegation in the second season was practically a certainty, so essentially he's been booted out for a wobbly start. Madness.

I agree, Williams did a great job on a small budget. Clubs are mad sacking managers who've brought success in the past but have just suffered a few bad results. I hope we never resort to such lunacy.

All I've seen of Col Ewe lately was on the Championship this sunday (hardly a basis for sound judgement i know) but the 3 goals they conceded made our defence look Champions League quality.

Can't see them getting a better manager than Williams, so it is madness on their part, but quite funny from our point of view. :D

i would love it if wignall went back there and then took them where they rightly belong back to the conference.

I agree, Williams did a great job on a small budget. Clubs are mad sacking managers who've brought success in the past but have just suffered a few bad results. I hope we never resort to such lunacy.

We haven't yet thank god! We went down the road before and we all know where we ended up!

Lots of names in the frame we shall see, either way we need a motivator in there, Geraint was too soft and the players were not performing for him because of it. I gather several big names have expressed an interest already, however they probably think the annual salary is the weekly one ;)

Lots of names in the frame we shall see, either way we need a motivator in there, Geraint was too soft and the players were not performing for him because of it. I gather several big names have expressed an interest already, however they probably think the annual salary is the weekly one ;)

I see that Sheringham has been mentioned as a candidate along with Plankinson, and laughably Curbishley.

How would Ewes fans feel about the return of Parkinson?

How the hell can you stay in the championship when you are getting under 5000 through the gates??

Its a well known fact that when you move gates improve because a) the better facilities and b) the curiosity / novelty value :tumbleweed:

Now i can only assume that Col Ewe fans actually liked the fact that Layabout Road was like a pig sty, and being penned in like sheep .. you may draw your own conclusions from what i've said ;)

Getting back to Williams ... bottom last year and 2nd bottom this, i think he was doing a sterling job in trying to take them to where they truly belong ... and at least they'd of had the best ground in the Jewson League :whistling:

Here's hoping the new guy doesn't go in there and turn their season around

Back