• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Colchester United 2-0 Southend United

We haven't been good enough for the past few seasons, and there's only one person to blame. He wants to be a Mr Big, but i'm afraid his dream has crashed and burned. The fact is, we are now non league and after all these years we still haven't got planning permission for a new stadium (that he's promised). Time to sell up, and give us our assets back !!!!!

Total disgrace !!! team wasnt up for it at all , Im not gonna blame MM or PB , i mean christ what did they have to work with, washed up couldnt care less players that werent wanted elsewhere!!.
The blame lies firmly at RON MARTIN'S door no excuses now tell us the real plan at the next meeting Ronald, after this crap season i think we THE FANS of this club deserve some honest truth for a change.

Lowest night in the history of the club....after 59 years of supporting this club words can't explain how bad I feel tonight but from the posts everyone is hurting.
The trouble is have we even hit rock bottom yet... the clubs status has been sacrificed this season because of one man's financial survival plan

For those who didn’t understand what MM was doing with those players I hope tonight shows just what a difference he had/was making.

Under MM we do not concede to this mob, or leave Olayinka on the bench. We go down to ten and bring on a CB.

Ron Martin, you’ve killed this club.

Apart from the 6 we conceded in the mickey mouse cup I agree with you. I actually think that was a master stroke by MM as we went on to beat Walsall the game after so saving players for the weekend was the right decision

There must be a major reset in the mind set now for us as loyal long time "Shrimper" fans. For too long we've looked down at a lot of clubs and believed we are a bigger club, a better club than them, Burton, Accrington, Barrow ,Wycombe to name a few. We are now a non-league club. Accept that our goal is to get promotion out of the NL. Be realistic, realize that it will be difficult, that there are a lot of "Big Clubs" down there with us. I'll never forget the great memories I've had over the last 50 years, I'll never stop watching and supporting the Blues. But our environment and goals have morphed into something very different, We as fans must be ready for that and continue to give our full support.

Oxley 5
Bwomono 5
White 5
Hobson 6 MOTM
Hart 6
Ferguson 5
Demetriou 3
Walsh 4
Holmes 6
RHF 4
Goodship 4

Halford 5
Taylor 5
Egbri 5
Cordner 5
Acquah 4

As much intensity and passion as a funeral wake. Very reminiscent of the JPT game and today was our wake. The last rites on Saturday, thank you and goodnight, massive step backwards tonight.

Last edited:
Biggest game of the season resulted in 2 shots and 0 on target. That sums it up but I'm going rant because of how angry I am.

That whole team can **** off. If none of those turned players turned up for pre-season I wouldn't miss them. Apart from maybe Hobson who looked like he wanted us to win and put a foot it (without getting a stupid red card). Hart the only other exception maybe.

People seem to forget this started way before this season. It’s about more than MM or PB or even Sol, Waddock, Bond or Powell. This club has been rotten to the core for a long time. Its’ reputation is in the gutter. Based on tonight’s game in isolation ... as this is the post match thread ... it was pathetic. I can’t bring myself to say any more.

What we need to do now as a fanbase is not round on each other blaming X, Y or Z, we need to stick together as this is going to be tough. ****ing tough.

Phil must have decided he doesn’t want the job.

If Olayinka is fit enough to go on the bench he must be fit enough to start.

Brandon up front from the start was just surrendering. Toothless, spineless, won’t say they didn’t try - they were just no where athletic enough, quick enough or strong enough.

Get a shot on target from distance and Ox will parry it to a forward - guaranteed.

Doomed since we appointed Molesley. Ron hasn’t got a clue about football.

Bournemouth under 23s, Crawley reserves, and players no one else wanted.

At least we can clear the decks and start again, however, how can any one think that Ron can employ a manager who will get us out of the National League though. One good appointment in Paul Sturrock and Tilly got the job because Ron had got fed up. Brown was decent when he had Steve Kavanagh keeping an eye on him.

August 2017 when we beat Blackburn in the first game - I can remember thinking we ought to be good enough to stay in this league for a few seasons. What did I know!

I also thought how the hell can we afford to pay this lot. Of course the answer was we couldn’t.

Biggest game of the season resulted in 2 shots and 0 on target. That sums it up but I'm going rant because of how angry I am.

That whole team can **** off. If none of those turned players turned up for pre-season I wouldn't miss them. Apart from maybe Hobson who looked like he wanted us to win and put a foot it (without getting a stupid red card). Hart the only other exception maybe.
Hobson is like that one honest young apprentice in an office full of lazy mugs and overpaid management who are past their prime.

He has potential to progress and he'd be the only one I want tied down to a contract next season. Build that defence around him because he's a rock. Might not be pretty but at least he doesn't f**k about like previous custodians at the back.

For those who didn’t understand what MM was doing with those players I hope tonight shows just what a difference he had/was making.

Under MM we do not concede to this mob, or leave Olayinka on the bench. We go down to ten and bring on a CB.

Ron Martin, you’ve killed this club.

You can't really plan for Oxley's error - not sure MM could have stopped that.

At the end of the day, we were going down with MM as draws were not enough. MM made us hard to beat but also did not secure a striker in Jan which made staying up an almost impossibility. MM had some challenges but he was given a lot more time than other managers in similar situations.

Even though it has been certain for weeks it still hurts so much tonight. Such a poor performance from everyone including PB.
can send back the loan players tomorrow and release most of the rest early from their contracts?

Brown: "I don’t think this condemns u s to relegation at all as far as I’m concerned and I’ll keep going. I’ll do my job to the best of my ability but there was a spell in the first half where it looked like they’d lost the script." - Chris Phillips

Serious?

Last edited:
Back