• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Colchester United v Southend United (The Big Essex Derby)

ANG is our most recent scorer if you can remember back that far. But I take your point!
Granted he did bag a goal, an important one at that. Although often I have been greatly disappointed at his ability to slow down a break-away

Tbh I'm not that bothered by SIM, Ang etc missing out, they've all been tried and not made a significant difference, the problem obviously is that there replacements have also been tried!

Rush not made the bench? He's the only one that hasn't had a recent run out

Rather see ANG upfront than Goodship. Well lets hope our Brandon is impressive tonight. If Phil has fallen out with Akinola, i dont think that its the right time for mind games at all, or teaching him a lesson, all that matters is Phil putting out his best team.
*clenches fist * "c'mon boys"

Certainly a brave move going into a must win fixture with a line-up whose 4 furthest forward players have, at nearly the end of April, between them scored two goals against league sides this season.

I find it hard to believe that there isn't room on the in a match day squad for ANG who's scored that many in his last 5 matches. No Akinola either, so of our 5 players under contract for next year only two can make the match day XVIII.

Obviously Phil Brown has done his research and knows that it is usually the least likely players who score v Col Ewe - Che Wilson, John White, Peter Johnson, Peter Daley etc.

What odds Mark Oxley first goalscorer?

ONE TEAM IN ESSEX

Certainly a brave move going into a must win fixture with a line-up whose 4 furthest forward players have, at nearly the end of April, between them scored two goals against league sides this season.

I find it hard to believe that there isn't room on the in a match day squad for ANG who's scored that many in his last 5 matches. No Akinola either, so of our 5 players under contract for next year only two can make the match day XVIII.

Obviously Phil Brown has done his research and knows that it is usually the least likely players who score v Col Ewe - Che Wilson, John White, Peter Johnson, Peter Daley etc.

What odds Mark Oxley first goalscorer?

ONE TEAM IN ESSEX
Even if ang was in the starting 11, that stat would read 4 goals, not much better is it?

Well its Sat line up with Goodship replacing Akinola. In theory with Holmes the only two proven goalscorers at the club- all be it Goodship has never suggested it in the EFL with us. On the other hand it looks like he is truly up front tonight and I would anticipate a meltdown on the touchline if he doesn't focus on getting in the box.

Be interesting to see how it works. PB can unfortunately only pick from the attacking options that the previous manager and Ron have left him with.

Well its Sat line up with Goodship replacing Akinola. In theory with Holmes the only two proven goalscorers at the club- all be it Goodship has never suggested it in the EFL with us. On the other hand it looks like he is truly up front tonight and I would anticipate a meltdown on the touchline if he doesn't focus on getting in the box.

Be interesting to see how it works. PB can unfortunately only pick from the attacking options that the previous manager and Ron have left him with.

He had one chance on Saturday and never looked remotely like scoring.Hopefully he'll do better tonight.

Back