• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Colchester United v Southend United (The Big Essex Derby)

He hasnt had any abuse. Theres nowone in the grounds!

Hes crap. They all are. They would have got some serious abuse had fans been in and rightly so.

The abuse on social media then. I didn't get why he was being singled out.

That's true, I didn't think it could get worse. But boy it did.

My post was more aimed at people now being revisionists about MM.

I just don't know anymore, feel sick.

Not a revisionist. My point is Brown has made no difference whatsoever, if anything we are worse now. So was sacking MM the best thing to do? He would have been in charge in the National League, I very much doubt Brown will.

We know it's RM's fault we didn't get the players in we wanted to strengthen the squad at the start of the season due to the embargo and our rep for not paying players in time. Once the embargo was lifted and we did get some players to strengthen, our form was mid table. You can't lay all that on MM

For 40 games of c**p it was oh you can’t blame poor MM - yes he’s signed 16 players but none of its his fault that they’re all useless and not a single forward. PB comes in to try and do something with the same team- oh sack him...unbelievable.
Who precisely out of this wonderful squad he inherited would have made all the difference- which underestimated gem and match winner has been left out and ignored?
Give the job to PB and a decent budget and start building for next year now- let’s not leave till August to get another unknown in on the basis they give a great presentation
Hang on!
Did you say MM signed 16 players (19 actually) and none of it is his fault?
I'm sorry, is that tongue in cheek and I'm just missing the irony?

I think everyone on here is hurting. It's been death by 1,000 papercuts over the last 2-3 seasons really, but it hurts even more when you watch that performance in a local derby. I think more than ever the fans need to stick together and not start sniping at each other.

Agreed. Going to be a hard summer

How has a club with so many great strikers in the past ended up choosing between Goodship, Aquah and Greg Bloody Halford!

'But don't worry, as you've nothing to fear from us. We need to completely rebuild a new team, not replace just 3 or 4 players. So the odds of nigh on 11 new players gelling together sooner rather than later, is highly improbable for us to be one of the frontrunners in your league next season'?.
This is why we need continuity and get working on next year now. Decide who we want to keep and start early looking for who we need to bring in. Totally agree if we fart around trying to change things again we will be playing catch up next season which we can’t afford

Worse? Its as if the rest of the season never happened- yes today was as poor as last week (already erased from your memory I guess) was indeed better. PB has not made the team worse. Could PB suddenly make them better? A big ask for anyone. Frankly it will take a full summer transfer window to do that. The positive is that so many are out of contract.
Got no idea why you're following me around on here making personal posts. Maybe put me on ignore?

WTF was that all about
Absolutely pathetic- why were we so crap?
Where was the fight, where were was the closing down , where was the belief.

If brown couldn’t get that into them then he has failed.
He was brought in to keep us up, if he didn’t think he could do it he shouldn’t have taken the job.

I didn’t expect us to stay up- but I did expect to see some fight.
We lost with zero fight and we DESERVED to loose. - that’s hard to take

Hang on!
Did you say MM signed 16 players (19 actually) and none of it is his fault?
I'm sorry, is that tongue in cheek and I'm just missing the irony?
No I wasn’t saying that! I hope I would never say anything so patently absurd. I was restating what the ridiculous argument would be :-) !!!

This is nothing about football, it’s all about who people like and don’t like and that then colours every observation. RM very nasty man, MM very very nice man. All RM’s fault.

PB took nice mans job so PB bad. Not quite as bad as RM though. But bad enough PB should sacked already. And of course RM should go whoever the manager is.

None of this is PBs fault none.

Got no idea why you're following me around on here making personal posts. Maybe put me on ignore?

I apologise if you think I’m following you around. I am playing the post not the man I hope. But I will ignore your next few posts- really didn’t realise I was singling you out for special attention. I would never intentionally make it personal so don’t take it that way

No I wasn’t saying that! I hope I would never say anything so patently absurd. I was restating what the ridiculous argument would be :-) !!!

This is nothing about football, it’s all about who people like and don’t like and that then colours every observation. RM very nasty man, MM very very nice man. All RM’s fault.

PB took nice mans job so PB bad. Not quite as bad as RM though. But bad enough PB should sacked already. And of course RM should go whoever the manager is.

None of this is PBs fault none.
Yeah, thought so. Hence my nod towards the irony. :Winking2:

Back