• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Colchester United v Southend United (The Big Essex Derby)

We were losing 3 and 4 nil at the start of the season but this is undoubtedly the worst we've played. MM and RM are complicit with building this squad, and Brown is complicit in making us worse as a team on the pitch. We've gone down with a whimper. No discipline, no desire, minimal effort.

That's true, I didn't think it could get worse. But boy it did.

My post was more aimed at people now being revisionists about MM.

I just don't know anymore, feel sick.

Total disgrace !!! team wasnt up for it at all , Im not gonna blame MM or PB , i mean christ what did they have to work with, washed up couldnt care less players that werent wanted elsewhere!!.
The blame lies firmly at RON MARTIN'S door no excuses now tell us the real plan at the next meeting Ronald, after this crap season i think we THE FANS of this club deserve some honest truth for a change.

Well, blow me down. Where was the fire and the passion that we are entitled to expect? I watched every minute of that game and honestly the only players showing even glimpses of fire and passion were Hart and in the brief time he was on Egbri. It says something that only Hart fell to the ground in dismay when the final whistle blew. Jeez.............

Hello 5th tier.

'But don't worry, as you've nothing to fear from us. We need to completely rebuild a new team, not replace just 3 or 4 players. So the odds of nigh on 11 new players gelling together sooner rather than later, is highly improbable for us to be one of the frontrunners in your league next season'?.

Holmes busy but lost up front trying to win the ball in the air. No-one else warranted a mention. Crap passing, played like strangers, no guts or desire on show and a dull damp squib of a match. Blues have hardly one player who has genuine skill on the ball. We run forward and then STOP - no fight, too frightened to DO something.That is 96mins I'll never get back. Three matches from now, we need a massive clear out.

That's true, I didn't think it could get worse. But boy it did.

My post was more aimed at people now being revisionists about MM.

I just don't know anymore, feel sick.
I think everyone on here is hurting. It's been death by 1,000 papercuts over the last 2-3 seasons really, but it hurts even more when you watch that performance in a local derby. I think more than ever the fans need to stick together and not start sniping at each other.

We were losing 3 and 4 nil at the start of the season but this is undoubtedly the worst we've played. MM and RM are complicit with building this squad, and Brown is complicit in making us worse as a team on the pitch. We've gone down with a whimper. No discipline, no desire, minimal effort.
Worse? Its as if the rest of the season never happened- yes today was as poor as last week (already erased from your memory I guess) was indeed better. PB has not made the team worse. Could PB suddenly make them better? A big ask for anyone. Frankly it will take a full summer transfer window to do that. The positive is that so many are out of contract.

Back