• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Colchester United v Southend United (The Big Essex Derby)

It's beyond disgraceful. I'd terminate all their contracts and draft Southend Manor in to finish the season.

I have never seen or heard of such a dreadful Southend team. These will go down as the worst of the worst and I hope they're proud of it.

Ron Martin's legacy as chairman will be that of a man who neglected a football club for monetary gain through housing developments, leaving us with the biggest stadium in the National League/National League South.

This club is rotten from top to bottom and it's no longer the club I loved when I first came to watch the Shrimpers in the now dizzy heights of L1.

I don't even feel sad, I just feel the purest level of anger. Not only are we damned to a never-ending National League battle for survival, but we've been damned by the six-fingered c***s from up the road.

This club seems to finally know when it is beaten.
Rubbish what about the 2 promotions under tilson and beating man utd? Ron's achieved alot more than most of our other chairmen ever did!! But this us the worst southend side I have ever seen and ron is responsible and so is covid 19!!

When MM was here it was all Ron’s fault.

Now PB is here, it’s all his fault now apparently.

Also, the game against Crawley “Why is PB basically playing MMs team, we wanted change”

PB makes changes tonight “It’s the brown effect, making changes, his fault”

****ing hell, the nonsense on here is hurting me

MM was one of the reasons we ate in this mess! He should have been sacked in January.
MM might have been out of his depth, but he was chewed up and spat out by Ron's property development plans. Tax debts, failure to pay wages and the embargo are at the root of this. Appointing PB so late with all the same constraints was completely pointless. Only diverted the blame from Ron to MM.

For 40 games of c**p it was oh you can’t blame poor MM - yes he’s signed 16 players but none of its his fault that they’re all useless and not a single forward. PB comes in to try and do something with the same team- oh sack him...unbelievable.
Who precisely out of this wonderful squad he inherited would have made all the difference- which underestimated gem and match winner has been left out and ignored?
Give the job to PB and a decent budget and start building for next year now- let’s not leave till August to get another unknown in on the basis they give a great presentation

If the players are not up for a game like this and the manager can't motivate them then they all need to go. Lose yes. I expected that but this was the most inept performance on all fronts. Not just failing to score but couldn't even do the basics. Every one of them should give their wages to charity because they sure as hell didn't earn them.

Back