• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

COLLYMORE -MARTIN SUMMARY

Spot on Stan. Definitely think we should take him at his word for now as his interests and our interests have always been broadly aligned.

If it all works out and you can commit to something along the lines of Mark Bright that will be fantastic.

Without jumping ahead, with the trials and tribulations of the last few years, never mind the empty stadiums due to Covid - it would be great if we can all help come up with an affordable model that would see us regularly have 8,000+ gates in the NL made up of record number of season tickets, accordingly affording the Manager the best playing budget in the League and a well organised away support that saw our allocation sold out more often than not to cheer the boys on.

A negative could be turned into a positive here through joined up thinking, that could have an immediate impact in terms of our ability to return to the EFL within the next two seasons, bigger and better supported than before. Lets capture the spirit of Wembley every week, home and away!
What does Ron owe you?!?

Hi Guys

Had a 2pm zoom face to face with Ron for 50 minutes.

It was open, honest, friendly and as you'd hope from me, your concerns and thoughts along with my own were expressed and reaffirmed throughout.

There were no no go areas and extensive contemporaneous notes were taken.

My offer to Ron was as follows.

1. To use me as conduit for Ron and the club to build and maintain bridges with supporters, dealing with clubs where bridges have been broken, a face of Southend United to meet parents and potential young players who we should be looking to recruit, offering football advice and solutions to the club structures, media, supporters, local business, council and to Ron, daily.

2. To arrange a meeting with Ron and I and a potential CEO that I have in mind as a matter of urgency to allow Ron to concentrate of FF, council and allow a football structure to take shape immediately to allow the club and team to get out of the blocks with the aim of an immediate Football League return.

I am delighted to say that Ron's candour was refreshing, he acknowledged that help was needed and that a unification of the club was his desire. He asked me about the CEO, and how quickly could we all meet which was incredibly encouraging.

I put to him the suggestion that as a 23 year owner of a football club, which we all agree isn't easy, Ron should utilise his energy in ways that can achieve the FF project, with the football business on and off the pitch being run by a competent CEO with me to be an advisor, titled or not, formal or not. A guardian football angel for the benefit of Southend United Football Club.

Ron wants to explore both immediately as a matter of urgency.

So I will contact the CEO I have in mind today, wait to hear from him and should he be willing to meet Ron, I will facilitate that within meeting to happen in Ron's words "within days". As I said to you guys, I'll drive the guy myself if I have to!

What would I see my role as? Like Mark Bright at Crystal Palace who advises Steve Parrish, I'd offer my experience and knowledge and contacts to build bridges with you guys, have a clear and transparent relationship with your club and its structures, to sometimes say ( as I said in the meeting with Ron) "Ron, hold fire on Mark Molesley in any statement, we may want this guy in 5 years time!", to give a face to recruitment of the best kids in the region to play for this wonderful football club, to vet manager's and football staff to make sure the football vision is realised and to support everyone at the club including Ron, to take things from their plate rather than add to them.

So Ron wants to meet me, the potential CEO all together ( should the CEO want to, time commitments willing, usual terms and conditions apply etc etc) in the coming days, with a view to moving the conversation and potential solutions quickly.

I believe Ron when he says he wants the best for the club but as I said to him, sometimes new energy, new voices, help and assistance from other quarters is all that's needed to get back on track. Ron asked me what time I could commit and I said "as much as the club needs me to commit".

I hope that helps in the short term, I promised I'd offer practical help to Ron and the club and I have. Next step is to get this potential CEO in front of Ron, I'll sit outside with a bag of chips and a cuppa and then I'll go in to continue the "how can we move this forward " conversation.

I can only take anyone in face value and Ron seemed to be open to all suggestions which would enable a sustainable football club to progress. We all have a role to play now to ensure that happens.

Out of tiny acorns, great oaks shall grow.

Unity, transparency, sustainability, progression.

Stan Collymore
Hi Stan,
I Just want to thank you for your time and obvious love for the club that we have taken to our hearts.
It is not easy supporting the Blues but when the good times come it is so sweet.
What you are suggesting sounds brilliant to me, wishing you every success in these early days.
Also thanks Ron for being positive,we desperately need change.
Looking forward for to a rejuvenated Southend United. COYB UTB :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :Clap::Clap::Clap:

Really appreciate this Stan and have been spouting on here for years about the CEO role.

Unfortunately because of past experience every Tim makes a statement or promises anything there s a try strong smell of Bullsh*t and given that I hold myself in reserve until I see some action.
That is not levelled at you Stan - I truly believe you have the club at heart and come down and watch when we thrash Solihull Moors next season!!

Now now Simon don’t get too excited

? well with or without Stan that has to be the ambition for next season. Imagine a record number of season tickets sold AND to do it in a season we are competing in the NL. Club never needed us more and the pricing could reflect that. Win/Win.

? well with or without Stan that has to be the ambition for next season. Imagine a record number of season tickets sold AND to do it in a season we are competing in the NL. Club never needed us more and the pricing could reflect that. Win/Win.

Unfortunately right now there's nothing to suggest that we'll be competing in the National League. Hopefully Stan and a new CEO can work some magic and whoever is manager next year will be able to bring in some players but right now there's no indication that we've hit rock bottom.

I think that was @rigsby that Ron owes something. He owes me my Season ticket money back. I'm sure there was some blurb in the renewal last year about the players will give 100%. Clearly false advertising :Smile:
Think your right, or has at least mentioned RM owes him money.

He owes me nothing. Met him a couple of times. Interesting character but relatively speaking, in terms of Football Chairman, never felt he is as bad as people have sometimes made out. Hopefully he realises now that accepting help is not a sign of weakness it's a sign of strength.
We can only dream

Thank you Stan your feedback sounds very positive following your first real contact. I like the "Ambassador" idea for the future, thank you again you have my total respect........

Hi Guys

Had a 2pm zoom face to face with Ron for 50 minutes.

It was open, honest, friendly and as you'd hope from me, your concerns and thoughts along with my own were expressed and reaffirmed throughout.

There were no no go areas and extensive contemporaneous notes were taken.

My offer to Ron was as follows.

1. To use me as conduit for Ron and the club to build and maintain bridges with supporters, dealing with clubs where bridges have been broken, a face of Southend United to meet parents and potential young players who we should be looking to recruit, offering football advice and solutions to the club structures, media, supporters, local business, council and to Ron, daily.

2. To arrange a meeting with Ron and I and a potential CEO that I have in mind as a matter of urgency to allow Ron to concentrate of FF, council and allow a football structure to take shape immediately to allow the club and team to get out of the blocks with the aim of an immediate Football League return.

I am delighted to say that Ron's candour was refreshing, he acknowledged that help was needed and that a unification of the club was his desire. He asked me about the CEO, and how quickly could we all meet which was incredibly encouraging.

I put to him the suggestion that as a 23 year owner of a football club, which we all agree isn't easy, Ron should utilise his energy in ways that can achieve the FF project, with the football business on and off the pitch being run by a competent CEO with me to be an advisor, titled or not, formal or not. A guardian football angel for the benefit of Southend United Football Club.

Ron wants to explore both immediately as a matter of urgency.

So I will contact the CEO I have in mind today, wait to hear from him and should he be willing to meet Ron, I will facilitate that within meeting to happen in Ron's words "within days". As I said to you guys, I'll drive the guy myself if I have to!

What would I see my role as? Like Mark Bright at Crystal Palace who advises Steve Parrish, I'd offer my experience and knowledge and contacts to build bridges with you guys, have a clear and transparent relationship with your club and its structures, to sometimes say ( as I said in the meeting with Ron) "Ron, hold fire on Mark Molesley in any statement, we may want this guy in 5 years time!", to give a face to recruitment of the best kids in the region to play for this wonderful football club, to vet manager's and football staff to make sure the football vision is realised and to support everyone at the club including Ron, to take things from their plate rather than add to them.

So Ron wants to meet me, the potential CEO all together ( should the CEO want to, time commitments willing, usual terms and conditions apply etc etc) in the coming days, with a view to moving the conversation and potential solutions quickly.

I believe Ron when he says he wants the best for the club but as I said to him, sometimes new energy, new voices, help and assistance from other quarters is all that's needed to get back on track. Ron asked me what time I could commit and I said "as much as the club needs me to commit".

I hope that helps in the short term, I promised I'd offer practical help to Ron and the club and I have. Next step is to get this potential CEO in front of Ron, I'll sit outside with a bag of chips and a cuppa and then I'll go in to continue the "how can we move this forward " conversation.

I can only take anyone in face value and Ron seemed to be open to all suggestions which would enable a sustainable football club to progress. We all have a role to play now to ensure that happens.

Out of tiny acorns, great oaks shall grow.

Unity, transparency, sustainability, progression.

Stan Collymore

Sterling work Stan! Perhaps this horrendous time for our club can have a silver lining after all

Back