• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

spoons

Manager
The official site still has League 2 list in away travel section.
Still no team photo for this new season.
Surely Brian Horton must have time on his hands to update information that is important to fans.:smile:
The footballgrounds guide website is used by several clubs, give them a ring and arrange some copy and paste.
Get the team on the Pier again and get some photos, simple really.:winking:

Team photo makes sense as waiting till all players are here. Needs doing now though.

The official site is rubbish and has been for ages. Good old Shrimperzone provides more information.

Nothing on the U21 development squad.

I believe also the some of the youth team fixtures are incorrect(wrong dates.wrong teams).

Sort it out Kavanagh!!.:thumbdown:

The official site still has League 2 list in away travel section.
Still no team photo for this new season.
Surely Brian Horton must have time on his hands to update information that is important to fans.:smile:
The footballgrounds guide website is used by several clubs, give them a ring and arrange some copy and paste.
Get the team on the Pier again and get some photos, simple really.:winking:

Brian is far too busy having fun at the Roslyn:winking:

I know the website is part of a global deal for football league clubs but ever since its last major change a couple of years back its been awful. Harder to navigate around, much worse on mobile devices, and whoever's job it is to update it needs firing. Little things I like to see, like the match galleries, still nothing from the Coventry game. They used to be up within a few hours of the final whistle once upon a time. To be honest I hardly go on it now because as others have said there's far more info on here or heaven forbid in the Echo.

..the odd update on the progress of our imaginary dome and stadium wouldn't go amiss, either. Oops, did I say that out loud ? :blush:

Yes this needs updating. Im not sure on this new(ish) media guy. Makes countless mistakes on the twitter feed and the website doesn't feature anything on the u21s and no team picture etc..

It is still the lack of information on the U21 that baffles me the most. Not a mention on the website about yesterday's game and only three updates on twitter feed (basically, each time Williams scored). Yet the U18 (who, admittedly, are doing extremely well) have loads of articles on website, their own twitter feed and match reports on shrimperstrust.co.uk. There is obviously an interest from the fans in the U21 side as evidenced yesterday but the thread on whether Williams should be in Saturday's squad. Also, I know I personally am interested in the players who may potentially be in 1st team squad at some stage this season (or next). The only way I know U21 starting line-up is thanks to tweet from Chris Phillips. I have now messaged club twice to find out if there will be any information on U21 team but no reply.

The website I believe is the responsibility of Warren Lucy. Someone should email the club and advise that the content of the OS is out of date and needs addressing. Perhaps raise it with Steve Kavanagh also, as it does not convey a very professional image of the club. When Tom was in charge of the Media, it was updated regularly, but this seems to have slipped since his departure.

I've never been a great believer in letting others complain on your behalf, but I think any challenge to the Club over the web site would sound better coming from the SZ owners on behalf of the membership. Similarly, maybe OBL would pass over our concerns to the Trust for them to pose the same challenge to the club?

I never look at it, all through the transfer window i looked on here or on the Echo website for any news of signings. Shame as it used to be very good but just no news on there now, bad advert for the Club just like the ticket office is.

Blimey, an article has appeared on website about the U21 game yesterday. Not exactly an indepth article but it's a start. Hopefully, we will start to hear more about the "reserves"...

Hmm, how interested would people be in a fan based, cumulative, Southend news site then? Somewhere for all the articles/pics/vids/opinions from the Echo/SZ/Twitter/Official Site/etc to be in one place? Just an idea for now, but if there's an interest I'd definitely be down to create something like it.

I know the website is part of a global deal for football league clubs but ever since its last major change a couple of years back its been awful. Harder to navigate around, much worse on mobile devices, and whoever's job it is to update it needs firing. Little things I like to see, like the match galleries, still nothing from the Coventry game. They used to be up within a few hours of the final whistle once upon a time. To be honest I hardly go on it now because as others have said there's far more info on here or heaven forbid in the Echo.

Agreed, since the national deal, any latest news released on the os site, is reserved for the people that subcsribe to the "blues player".

Back