• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Coming to a Zone near you

Have to say I'm loving all the changes to the Zone - well done to the owners!

One improvement I'd like to see is the facility to imbed YouTube videos to a post. I've seen it done on other forums and it works really well - is this a possibility for the future?

It does look good, must admit, but isn't there a problem if too many videos are embedded within a particular thread?

Wheres my suggestion?

In my opinion, the less "we should sign" threads, the better... which is why I've not implemented that one. I will definitely discuss it (alongside ALL suggestions) with the other owners though.

Keep the suggestions coming...

Last edited:
Basically instead of having a link to a You Tube video the video actually plays in the thread itself.

Think of how you currently insert a picture into a thread, instead it is the video which plays in the thread....does that help?

That will teach me not to go and look at dodgy web-sites then have several PMs saying exactly this. :stupidme:

Shrimperzone Update
Moderator's Final Warning
Shrimperzone Merchandise
Quiz
Timed Poll
Matt Harrold Bashing and its little brother
Revell Bashing
Where's the Freddy Money Gone?

SZ Update - we have the Announcements facility.
Mod's final warning - we give those directly and wouldn't want to start a thread about it. Also, these are prefixes that EVERYONE has access to.
Quiz - yep, could work.
Timed poll - polls already have a poll icon next to the thread.
Others - must try harder.

Have to say I'm loving all the changes to the Zone - well done to the owners!

One improvement I'd like to see is the facility to imbed YouTube videos to a post. I've seen it done on other forums and it works really well - is this a possibility for the future?

I believe that the YouTube facility is open to us, and we may well implement it, but I need to understand how it will affect the Zone and discuss it with the others...

G man can you answer a Q in the Forum Probs please mate

:offtopic: :stupidyou:

No problem, I'm off out again so will have a look tomorrow...

If I can't solve it, I'll announce that's "it's impossible to fix". Bob Cratchitt will then be unable to resist the challenge, and will fix it for us within minutes.

:clap:

SZ Update - we have the Announcements facility.
Mod's final warning - we give those directly and wouldn't want to start a thread about it. Also, these are prefixes that EVERYONE has access to.
Quiz - yep, could work.
Timed poll - polls already have a poll icon next to the thread.
Others - must try harder.

But aren't some polls always open but others, eg the battle of the beers, timed? In which case it would be nice to know a particular poll will only be open for a limited period. ie vote early (vote often).

Suggestion:

Match Pics

But aren't some polls always open but others, eg the battle of the beers, timed? In which case it would be nice to know a particular poll will only be open for a limited period. ie vote early (vote often).

Suggestion:

Match Pics

The polls always show a close time if that option is selected by the Poster and that Poll will show a close time ..otherwise of course they are open at random.

The polls always show a close time if that option is selected by the Poster and that Poll will show a close time ..otherwise of course they are open at random.

What about start times?

Back