• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Comp Keyboard

shrimper_sam

Manager
Im trying to type up invoices but the keyboard has decided to have no pound sign! Everytime i try doing the pound sign all i get is #! Can anyone tell me how to get back my pound sign before i get my p45 lol
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Nov. 13 2006,15:35)]Copy/paste it from a webpage.
You cruel *******.

You could have at least posted one for him to cut and paste: lb.

£

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Nov. 13 2006,15:35)]Copy/paste it from a webpage.
Good idea cheers.

If anyone knows a long-term solution to this i would be very greatful if you could let me know.

cheers
unclesam.gif

I think you may have it set to use the American version of certain keys.
Is the @ sign in it's rightful place? If it's not and it's using Shift and number 2 thats your problem.

It can be changed but I'm buggered if I know where from now seeing as I use a laptop and the options are different.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Nov. 13 2006,15:38)]I think you may have it set to use the American version of certain keys.
Is the @ sign in it's rightful place? If it's not and it's using Shift and number 2 thats your problem.

It can be changed but I'm buggered if I know where from now seeing as I use a laptop and the options are different.
Yep 99% certain that's what it is.
IIRC go to Control Panel then check & see what language the keyboard is setup for. Should just be a drop-down menu to change it to English (UK)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Nov. 13 2006,15:38)]I think you may have it set to use the American version of certain keys.

Indeed the @ is at number 2... Quite annoying.

unclesam.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Nov. 13 2006,15:40)]
[b said:

Yep 99% certain that's what it is.
IIRC go to Control Panel then check & see what language the keyboard is setup for.  Should just be a drop-down menu to change it to English (UK)
Obviously this means I can change other keyboards to the US setting this way. Lets see how long it takes for people to realise their keyboard is screwed!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Nov. 13 2006,15:50)]If there is no option to change the keyboard characteristics directly from device manager you could try changing the 'regional and language options' from the control panel
Just done that from english (US) to English (UK) Still no Joy.
Thanks for the help though
smile.gif

unclesam.gif

This may also help.........

To switch languages or keyboards from the taskbar
Open Regional and Language Options in Control Panel.
On the Languages tab, under Text services and input languages, click Details.
Under Preferences, click Language Bar.
In the Language Bar Settings dialog box, select the Show additional Language bar icons in the Notification area check box.
Click OK three times.
Click the language icon or the keyboard icon on the taskbar to display a menu.
Click a language or keyboard.
Notes

To open Regional and Language Options, click Start, click Control Panel, click Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options, and then click Regional and Language Options.
The language icon is available only if you have added multiple languages or multiple keyboard layouts in Regional and Language Options in Control Panel.
When inserting text, you can use the keyboard, speech recognition, or handwriting recognition interchangeably without clicking a button.
The letters on the icon represent the active language. For example, EN stands for English.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Nov. 13 2006,15:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Nov. 13 2006,15:50)]If there is no option to change the keyboard characteristics directly from device manager you could try changing the 'regional and language options' from the control panel
Just done that from english (US) to English (UK) Still no Joy.
Thanks for the help though  
smile.gif

unclesam.gif
You might need to reboot for that change to take effect!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Nov. 13 2006,15:54)]This may also help.........

To switch languages or keyboards from the taskbar
Open Regional and Language Options in Control Panel.
On the Languages tab, under Text services and input languages, click Details.
Under Preferences, click Language Bar.
In the Language Bar Settings dialog box, select the Show additional Language bar icons in the Notification area check box.
Click OK three times.
Click the language icon  or the keyboard icon  on the taskbar to display a menu.
Click a language or keyboard.
Notes

To open Regional and Language Options, click Start, click Control Panel, click Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options, and then click Regional and Language Options.
The language icon is available only if you have added multiple languages or multiple keyboard layouts in Regional and Language Options in Control Panel.
When inserting text, you can use the keyboard, speech recognition, or handwriting recognition interchangeably without clicking a button.
The letters on the icon represent the active language. For example, EN stands for English.
Thanks and look --££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ --
tounge.gif

Thanks alot

unclesam.gif

Back