• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Computer queation?

Winkle

Manager
My sons P.C as been playing up over the last couple of weeks and today would not boot up because a system file was corrupt or missing. I changed the Bios to boot from disc then inserted windows disc( hoping to do a repair) but it gets on to windows setup as far as * windows is setting debugger.dll, then says ntrn.exe could not be loaded the error code is 4
The question is, do I just smash it smithorines with a lump of 4X2 or is ther anything else I could try?

eek, doesn't sound good to be honest. is he willing to lose everything? you should format it and put in a partion so that system and files are on two different drive

eek, doesn't sound good to be honest. is he willing to lose everything? you should format it and put in a partion so that system and files are on two different drive

I would formatt the hard drive but its nots giving me the option on the disc.

After noticing that the title of the thread reads computer "queation" I would also advise making sure all the keys on the keyboard are in the right place :D

I would formatt the hard drive but its nots giving me the option on the disc.
bypass the repair stage and from the disc just head into the setup and set the partions and format the drive there

Try a scandisk check before all the other stuff. You may need to remove the hard drive and add as a secondary in another PC, but this may detect and repair any files before going down the drastic route of re-formatting the disk.

After noticing that the title of the thread reads computer "queation" I would also advise making sure all the keys on the keyboard are in the right place :D

Yeh. I know.P.C have a habit of stressing me out!

bypass the repair stage and from the disc just head into the setup and set the partions and format the drive there
I am using *windows X.P pro* but for some reason it wont let me get past the setup stage on the disc, the computer just hangs when it says
*windows is setting debugger.dll*, can feel a big hammer moment venturing upon me!

If it's been playing up for a while it could be hardware fault. Faulty memory has been known to cause such problems. If the PC has more than 2 sticks of memory, try removing one and see if that makes any difference..

My sons P.C as been playing up over the last couple of weeks and today would not boot up because a system file was corrupt or missing. I changed the Bios to boot from disc then inserted windows disc( hoping to do a repair) but it gets on to windows setup as far as * windows is setting debugger.dll, then says ntrn.exe could not be loaded the error code is 4
The question is, do I just smash it smithorines with a lump of 4X2 or is ther anything else I could try?
ntrn.exe's gonna be Norton... Try and open up windows in Safe mode and either reinstall or delete Norton completely, and see if that works...

Norton has a tendency to react to new installed programs, if you've installed anything recently...

ntrn.exe's gonna be Norton... Try and open up windows in Safe mode and either reinstall or delete Norton completely, and see if that works...

Norton has a tendency to react to new installed programs, if you've installed anything recently...

Anyone else like me and hate Norton, and McAffee whilst I think about it? I reckon ur much better off with programs such as AVG (even the free edition) or Panda!!!

both norton and mcafee are terrible... i got horrendous viruses each time i have used them. had AVG for a year and not a problem... my computer runs super fast and you hardly notice AVG int he background. brilliant IMO and free as well

Have not got Norton running, only A.V.G so it cant be that!

Back