• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Congratulations from sunny Colchester

jonestones

Colchester fan here. Would just like to congratulate you on your new ground being approved. The plans look pretty impressive. Would be amazing for your club if you managed to fill it. Do you think you will?

A stadium of that size can only be a good thing for Essex. I just hope that we are in the same division in 2010 so that it can witiness the mighty Essex derby.

P.S. On a purley selfish note it's good to see you doing well in the league, but please stay down next year so that we can continue the Essex derby games. It would be a shame if we passed each other at the end of the season and we went with out this fixture for another season!;)

Would love to stay down to play you again, but the lure of Championship football is all too great, sorry!

As for filling the new stadium, i have my doubts. Dont know where we're going to find all these new fans to fill it.

Always nice to have the open space in a big ground though, can pick and choose your seat on a match day and it wont be too cramped.

As for filling the new stadium, i have my doubts. Dont know where we're going to find all these new fans to fill it.

Always nice to have the open space in a big ground though, can pick and choose your seat on a match day and it wont be too cramped.

You need to be signed up to 'The Vision'. Once we're located in the new stadium Uncle Ron expects Southend United to be an established Championship team at the absolute minimum, ideally a team vying for the Premiership.

We will be able to lure a better calibre of player and be a serious 'draw' team (as in we draw the home and away support, not that we draw games). This in turn will generate greater crowds and revenues and so the circle is complete, simple innit!!

Last edited:
Colchester fan here. Would just like to congratulate you on your new ground being approved. The plans look pretty impressive. Would be amazing for your club if you managed to fill it. Do you think you will?

Good first post, welcome.

I doubt we will get near to filling it for most normal games, just look at some of the Championship crowds yesterday Stoke 18,000; Sheff Weds 18,000; Crystal Palace 14,000. Most of those grounds were no where near full.

We would be looking at crowds of 10 to 12,000 maybe more depending on what league we are in.

But for the odd game here and there 20,000 may be possible. Looking back over the past few seasons we would have had about 10 games which if we were in the new ground would have been very close to 18,000 and a least 1 would have been 22,000.

no offence but I would like nothing more jonestones than southend playing in the championship in front of 15K plus and col u **** playing in league 1 in front of 4K at cukkoo farm

**** it major offence hope col u go down and southend go up and we dont play each other for years. bored of playing you at a siht ground in front of no fans

I for what it's worth would love to play Col U in 2010 at Fossetts Farm and hopefully to christen the new ground with its first derby win in its first season. It would make up for my first derby game, the home game last year that was one of my most depressing games as a Southend fan. :'(

mate last year they had there day, and took the **** out of us but we did the same the year before. the sooner people realise that col u are just some little club up the road who had a good season last year which wont be repeated for a long time the better. dont get me wrong i hate them as much as the next man but they arnt a danger to us really. they will struggle i l1 next year and even if we dont go up this year we will do much better than them next year.

I don't believe they are irrelevant. Surely the very fact we are mentioning them and slagging them off means that a win against them is extra special to us? I know it is for me and Duguid will surely get stick from us Southend fans for as long as he continues playing!

forget him by slaging him off he has done what he set out for to wind us up. the best thing we could ever do to wind him up is ignore him that would really get his back up plus we know they got relegated, lovely.

Have Col Ewe got the permission for the access road that will link the stadium to the A12 yet ??

forget him by slaging him off he has done what he set out for to wind us up. the best thing we could ever do to wind him up is ignore him that would really get his back up plus we know they got relegated, lovely.

To be honest, I think his goal was to win games which was much easier when the other team fall for your little games. We have every reason to hate him but ignoring him definitely won't be the answer.

I'm sure I've exchanged messages with jonestones somewhere before but can't remember where or anything about them.

Last edited:
There's just a dirt track isn't there? Fine if you have a tractor, but how otherwise will you be able to access Cloud Cuckoo Farm by road?

I don't see there being a problem...;)

sheep_racing.jpg

It would suit me fine if we never have the mispleasure of encountering them again. Of seven competitive matches in my time, five have finished favourably, twice sending us on our way to Cardiff at their expense and twice en route to a championship - that'll do me.

As far as I'm concerned the pleasure to be had from beating a nondescript, small town club is far outweighed by the risk that this board will become unusable again like last season. I can only go on my personal experience but they seem to me to be second only to West Ham in terms of the proportion of their support that are pure scum.

Back