• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Congratulations from sunny Colchester

**** it major offence hope col u go down and southend go up and we dont play each other for years. bored of playing you at a siht ground in front of no fans

No offence taken.

We may not be able to do anything about the fan base for our next game, but we will be in our new stadium by the time the next season starts so you don't have to worry about coming to Layer Road anymore. Don't know if that helps? ;)

I'm sure I've exchanged messages with jonestones somewhere before but can't remember where or anything about them.

It was on the old Rivals network, before it all went tits up. You were telling me how you’ve always been a secret Col U fan and that you were thinking of switching allegiances to the mighty U’s. :stunned:

There's just a dirt track isn't there? Fine if you have a tractor, but how otherwise will you be able to access Cloud Cuckoo Farm by road?

There is a link road coming in from the East of the town. The A12 slip road is purely a future ideal scenario to further calm the traffic.

I can only go on my personal experience but they seem to me to be second only to West Ham in terms of the proportion of their support that are pure scum.[/quote]

Every club has it’s element of undesirables – even yours. But I think the pure scum bit is a bit harsh. We have very little trouble at Col U and, on the whole, the fans are a decent bunch. Saying that I have stood next to a few individuals on the terraces who I have found slightly irritating, but I’m sure that we can all say that can’t we?

I can only go on my personal experience but they seem to me to be second only to West Ham in terms of the proportion of their support that are pure scum.[/quote]

Every club has it’s element of undesirables – even yours. But I think the pure scum bit is a bit harsh. We have very little trouble at Col U and, on the whole, the fans are a decent bunch. Saying that I have stood next to a few individuals on the terraces who I have found slightly irritating, but I’m sure that we can all say that can’t we?

In fairness you are completely true in what you say.

Scummer!:finger:

There's just a dirt track isn't there? Fine if you have a tractor, but how otherwise will you be able to access Cloud Cuckoo Farm by road?

To be fair mate even our tractors can't get down that dirt track now. Some stupid prat forgot to lock the gate last week and now there's a load of caravans set up on the path.

Any of you guys know anything about it? ;)

To be fair mate even our tractors can't get down that dirt track now. Some stupid prat forgot to lock the gate last week and now there's a load of caravans set up on the path.

Any of you guys know anything about it? ;)

Which reminds me,must thank Fred's boys for a small favour....

I'm sure that we can all also say that there are certain clubs that we really don't look forward to playing because of the anticipated behaviour of their fans. I chose to miss our cetenary game for that very reason. Your lot happen to be #2 on that list for me. As for it being a small, unrepresentative minority blah, blah, blah... I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

You might be hoping for more Essex derbies but again we'll have to differ. I couldn't care less about "revenge" for last season - any look at the clubs' head-to-head record tells its own story. With the new ground having been approved we need to look forwards, and I sincerely hope that there'll come a day when we can see you as an irrelevance, like Ipswich do. In the mean time, I just hope to be able to discuss our fortunes here without being interrupted by the illiterate gloating of every simpleton with access to the village computer.

That's not too difficult to understand, is it?

Back