• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Congratulations you *******

jackforever

Well done lads a well deserved promotion, great game off football. If only we could defend we would be joining you.
Glad you all had a great day amongst our animal fans and hoolies, shame we didn't invade the pitch and take out Freedie
rock.gif
Bloody ell he is some player. Do us a favour will you flog him to Barcelona or somebody so theat I never have to see him again. He seems to love playing against us.

See I told you you would have a great day and that we aren't savages. Maybe the moaning minnies and do gooders who complained about the club and fans before the game to the FA, FL, Police, FAW, Sky sports, BBC, Unison, The united nations, Greenpeace and Save the children would like to send out their apologies
biggrin.gif

Best of luck next year
wink.gif
I'm really not jealous, I mean who would want to play Leeds, WBA, Birmingham, Sunderland when you could play Chesterfield and Northampton.

ATB you lucky one man bunch of chavs

JFE

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jackforever @ April 30 2006,12:15)]Well done lads a well deserved promotion, great game off football. If only we could defend we would be joining you.
Glad you all had a great day amongst our animal fans and hoolies, shame we didn't invade the pitch and take out Freedie
rock.gif
 Bloody ell he is some player. Do us a favour will you flog him to Barcelona or somebody so theat I never have to see him again. He seems to love playing against us.

See I told you you would have a great day and that we aren't savages. Maybe the moaning minnies and do gooders who complained about the club and fans before the game to the FA, FL, Police, FAW, Sky sports, BBC, Unison, The united nations, Greenpeace and Save the children would like to send out their apologies
biggrin.gif

Best of luck next year  
wink.gif
 I'm really not jealous, I mean who would want to play Leeds, WBA, Birmingham, Sunderland when you could play Chesterfield and Northampton.

JFE
Thanks for that mate. You guys were a credit to your team, and your Stadium is top notch. The acoustics were fantastic.

In your opinion did we sound loud? There are always people moaning about how noisy we are.

cheers , what a great day , had a great welcome from all the Jacks I met , great atmosphere , good game and boy what a Stadium you have , im sure you have read The Liberty Stadium thread on here ? Good luck in the play-offs if u get there we'd love to come back to The Liberty next year. By the way I made sure I had a good dump on the Welsh side of the fence
tounge.gif

Thanks mate. I thought the atmosphere all around the ground was superb yesterday. Everyone signing and making noise(unlike RH when its packed) and it gave the game a real buzz.

You really should always s h i t on the English side of the bridge, however I sure most of you made an exception to that rule Yesterday.
TBH from where I was sitting you didn't sound that loud, but speaking to a mate in the opposite stand he said he didn't hear our stand.
I don't think the sound travels when the ground is full, due to the amount of noise held within the bowl.
Pleased you liked the stadium, and at £13 it makes the £22 at Oldham look the rip off it is.

Proud of my club yesterday left feeling disapointed but proud of how far we have come in 3 years.

Great atmosphere at the game yesterday from both sets of fans and a good game of football to watch

Fantastic stadium & cant complain about the seats we had, got a very good view of Fallon's first goal though
sad.gif

Must praise those swansea fans who stayed behind after the game to applaud our team

Good luck in the playoffs (if you make it!!)

smile.gif

I was very impressed with the stadium apart from the fact that it could do with a bit of colour - paint that concrete! Was alsoi impressed with the swans fans. Was very impressed that many swans fans stayed to clap us!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jackforever @ April 30 2006,12:15)]Well done lads a well deserved promotion, great game off football. If only we could defend we would be joining you.
rock.gif

biggrin.gif

Best of luck next year  
wink.gif

JFE
laugh.gif

Top post!

yeh the stadium was quality and the swansea fans were very loud when both sides of the fans each side of the away fans were singin to gether then it was hard compete but we did our best and sang our hearts out for the lads and hopefully i like to think that it payed off

from a neutral point of view the game must have been a great game with lots of goals and very attcking football loads of fans so you couldnt complain

was there a nuetral fan there yesterday? I doubt it, just over 19,000 passionate people cheering on their team.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jackforever @ April 30 2006,12:15)]See I told you you would have a great day and that we aren't savages. Maybe the moaning minnies and do gooders who complained about the club and fans before the game to the FA, FL, Police, FAW, Sky sports, BBC, Unison, The united nations, Greenpeace and Save the children would like to send out their apologies
biggrin.gif
I was one of the people who pointed out the different treatment that Swansea were proposing to give their fans compared with how we are normally ordered about by our club and many others.  I still don't think a pitch invasion by several thousand would have been a good idea as the "minority" that all clubs have would be far less controllable in that situation, could undoubtedly goad others to join them, also we've been told it's an offence & threatened for many years by bans if we did the same.  Call it moaning if you want but I won't apologise for it as I'm certain the actions finally taken were correct, but I'll happily give credit where due.

The day was sensibly policed & stewarded without a confrontational attitude.  Small clubs like Southend are often treated different to perceived "hostile" fans like Swansea.  Clubs know that they can bully us because we have no "reputation" therefore they will enforce rules on us that they wouldn't dare on the Jack Army.  Those I saw caught smoking were "politely" reminded that it wasn't allowed & even on the way out of town we were allowed to retrieve the several tons of "lemonade" that we had stored in the luggage bay of our transport by a helpful policeman.

IMHO the stadium is simply stunning for that size of ground.  It gives everything a fan needs in the way of view, seating space & atmosphere.  If our club can design a slightly smaller version for our proposed new ground I'd be delighted.

The noise throughout from the Jack Army was impressive and helped by the design of the place.  I thought the team did it's bit as they certainly gave what they could and at the end of the day it was a full on "proper" game of footy.  Fallon particularly looked a handful and I think if Sodje had played we'd have controlled him better.

If I had one gripe I'd say a "disappointing" number of Swansea fans were left by the time the team came out to do their lap of the pitch.  However to be fair they'd had to put up with us leaping up and down like madmen for a long time.  On the way out of the ground we clapped by all & sundry, by people at the ground (including Lee Trundle), crowds outside pubs, people on street corners etc etc.  It was certainly different to last time I went to the Vetch where only a large police presence was between us and a "hostile" element.  If this is the new "happy clappy" face of Swansea fans then I welcome it.

Swansea City football club and their fans were a credit to themselves yesterday from any angle you look at it.  I hope that if next week with 5 minutes to go and Swansea in a playoff place the antics of Bury last season do not repeat themselves.  Swansea would be my personal pick for the playoffs, as they've impressed me on both occasions that I've seen them and I'd happily visit the Liberty again.  But as someone once said "it's a funny old game"!  
biggrin.gif
  Good luck jackforever.

Back