• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member

To be honest if I was Jack and saw an injured Atkinson come off the bench when we were chasing a goal, I'd have handing in a transfer request.

I worry that Brown is completely inept when it comes to building a squad and managing contracts.

Payne like Bentley will be keeping his options open then. Both will undoubtedly be getting offers from other clubs.

JP is a tricky one. He's best in the No.10 role, but that means building the whole team around him and sacrificing a typical central midfielder, and possibly makes us too narrow. On the other hand, if you stick with a rigid 4-4-2 and let him move on, there's a very, very good chance he'll blossom into a huge talent with another club that are prepared to play to his strengths (similar to Hooper at Scunny). #dilemma

things definitely not right at the moment ......

If it was a happy place I don't Piggot would have been running for the hills shouting Get Me Out of Here -

not sure that the "experience" of sicknote Hunt and "my penalty" Mooney is adding anything to what was a happy young squad as well as eating up too much budget .

not sure what Barrats long term game is -

not sure that all the players went home on the coach -

not sure Cokers focus is on anything other than looking good going forward -

is J White injured ?

not sure that there is not too much dabbling from above ...

This is a very strange public announcement in my opinion. We are all totally aware that contract talks will take place for players approaching the end if their contracts, who wished to be retained. That goes without saying. Payne fits into this category.
but why make it public that contract talks have stalled? It's only just half way through the season and plenty of time still to sort this matter out, unless it a flat refusal to signing a new contract which I doubt.
By making it public it will only serve to alert other clubs which may be the policy who knows and also add to the pressure on a young player who is probably heavily influenced by his agent and is likely to attract a degree of animosity from a small section of the crowd.
Things like this in my opinion should remain private until a definite decision either way has been made.

I'd be gutted to see Jack go to be honest (perhaps more than Dan) the reason being, where as dan has been a credit for the club during his 130 odd appearances, I think Jack has still alot to learn and develop into a more promising player, added with that he has been at the club since a youth and doesnt get the game time Dan does, I would hate to see him leaving now to just finally polished (so to speak) by a rival. That being said, looking back historically, thats what normally happens with us, after all, we only have to look at Ricey's Ex shrimper goal scoring league thread to think "What if".

Either way, what will be, will be.
I Just hope Jack and Dan's contracts isnt one of the many other possible reasons our team have imploded in recent weeks, and if so, we can rectify it as soon as possible and get back to winning ways (ideally before Saturday please Ron & Phil).

If it was a happy place I don't Piggot would have been running for the hills shouting Get Me Out of Here -

not sure that the "experience" of sicknote Hunt and "my penalty" Mooney is adding anything to what was a happy young squad as well as eating up too much budget .

is J White injured ?

Can answer a few of those.
Piggott is delusional, and will probably drop down the Leagues.
Barrett's wants this to be his last season, and then will concentrate on his football youngster training he has already started.
Coker is focused, but has not been fit last 3 games. He should have given a break. PB's big mistake.
J.White is injured.

is J White injured ?

Piggott thinks he's championship quality, I wouldn't put much stock in his opinion of the club. This is the first I've heard of players not taking the coach home, where did you hear that? Would you have preferred we started the season with no registered strikers to avoid upsetting the 'happy young squad'? Mooney isn't great but Hunt seems like a good player to me. I've seen no evidence of dabbling from above this season, we haven't even signed a customary player from the Tilson era yet.

No, but after 2 hours locked into an non air-conditioned changing room stinking of sweaty kit, body odour and Phil moaning on.... I reckon all of them went home with the hump!! :smile:

Can answer a few of those.
Piggott is delusional, and will probably drop down the Leagues.
Barrett's wants this to be his last season, and then will concentrate on his football youngster training he has already started.
Coker is focused, but has not been fit last 3 games. He should have given a break. PB's big mistake.
J.White is injured.

thanks for this -

BUT I was hoping to sh=t stir and destabilise to clear the way for JM

We all know the real reason is because Pep Guardiola is coming and wherever he goes, Messi will go. We can't gave two Messi's in one team!

Amazing how Jack ripped Bury apart yet cannot get on when we are losing on Saturday !

He would be my second name on the team sheet after Bents.

Amazing how Jack ripped Bury apart yet cannot get on when we are losing on Saturday !

He would be my second name on the team sheet after Bents.

He has gone missing since then though...when backs are against the wall we can't afford to have a luxury player like Payne missing

He has gone missing since then though...when backs are against the wall we can't afford to have a luxury player like Payne missing

I cannot understand why some of you think he is the weakest link,after all he never played on Saturday yet you are stating the above.

I didn't think he went missing in the game I saw against Doncaster.

In the first half, he constantly wanted the ball and was trying to make things happen and in the second half had a couple of decent efforts, as well.

If anything, it was the rest of the midfield that went missing in that game.

JP's probably waiting on a answer to where He fits into Browns plans.. We can't build a team around him as his not good enough for that just yet, and he doesn't really fit into a traditional 442 or 451 formation, so will no doubt want some clarification on his future and how or if he will be played. Wouldn't say it's much to panic about just yet.

I haven't the time to find it, but there is a very good explanation in the match review thread on why he didn't come on on Saturday.

Back