• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Controversial World Cup Moments

Wasn't one of the finals delayed whilst a players (Dutch iirc) plaster cast on his broken Arm was replaced with one which was accepatable.

Bobby Moores arrest ? (prompting calls from the Northbank during his appalling RH reign of "Sell The Bracelet")

Admittedly I have only scanned through the posts but I can't see anyone having mentioned German goalkeeper Harald Schumacher's disgraceful assault on Patrick Battiston in 1982.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Dec. 16 2005,13:30)]Wasn't one of the finals delayed whilst a players (Dutch iirc) plaster cast on his broken Arm was replaced with one which was accepatable.

Bobby Moores arrest ? (prompting calls from the Northbank during his appalling RH reign of "Sell The Bracelet")
Didn't we get Barry Silkman from the proceeds of the sale.
Allegedly.
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bluesmanager @ Dec. 15 2005,18:26)]They had to compromise with FIFA about that, I read it in 442.
Did they have newspapers and magazines in those days or was it all done on tablet ? I'd have hated to be a stone boy
tounge.gif

I trawled agonisingly through four pages on slow dial up looking forward to breaking the Bobby Moore story and then ?I got to the top of page 5.
sad.gif
biggrin.gif

How about this for another controversial moment or set of moments. Bryan Robson's infamous recurring shoulder injury which never seemed to be a problem if we were winning.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Dec. 16 2005,10:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Dec. 14 2005,17:11)]Football is particularly popular in two regions in India - Calcutta and West Bengal.
Does that really count as two regions...?  It's like saying "football is popular in two regions in the UK - Newcastle-upon-Tyne and Northumberland"...

rock.gif
Dunno. I cut and pasted from the Internet.

upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Dec. 16 2005,14:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bluesmanager @ Dec. 15 2005,18:26)]They had to compromise with FIFA about that, I read it in 442.
Did they have newspapers and magazines in those days or was it all done on tablet ? I'd have hated to be a stone boy  
tounge.gif

I trawled agonisingly through four pages on slow dial up looking forward to breaking the Bobby Moore story and then ?I got to the top of page 5.
sad.gif
biggrin.gif

How about this for another controversial moment or set of moments. Bryan Robson's infamous recurring shoulder injury which never seemed to be a problem if we were winning.
You what?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Dec. 16 2005,13:30)]Wasn't one of the finals delayed whilst a players (Dutch iirc) plaster cast on his broken Arm was replaced with one which was accepatable.
One of the Van Der Kerkhof twins - possible Rene, prior to the 1978 final in Buenos Aires. Again trying to ensure everything possible was done to ensure a home victory.

Back