• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

steveo

mine to stay the same please
I have been an arsenal fan since i was 6. To get a ticket for Arsenal is expensive and almost impossible. I had a dabble at watching southend during the Alvin Martin days but gave up until last season after much persuasion from my son I went to a few home games and went to Cardiff for the play off final. As anArsenal fan you can appreciate I am used to good pasing football and was impressed by Southends effort to pass the ball and also the excellent team spirit. We missed the Port Vale game but subsequently bought season tickets and we now really look forward to home games and thoroughly enjoy the whole thing. Arsenal played Ajax tonight, live on tV in one of Europes biggest games - but I cant imagine it came close to the 2nd half at Roots Hall - excellent character shown by Southend after playing so badly in the first half.
One point that wories me, people should realise that having gone up this will be a successful season if we stay up - fantastic seaosn if we finnish in the top half, so it does concern me that quite a few fans seem quick to get on the players backs when we aint playing well. Give em a chance guys, they cant play brilliantly every game so they need our encouragement when things aint happening -
Sorry for the long post but we are loving it.
Would I be tempting fate to say we have never seen a Southend defeat in all the games we have attended since Tillson took over?

Mate well done for describing Southend as 'we', but you should realise even when we were in the old first division half the crowd were whingers. Welcome to Southened!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Nice to see we've converted another Premier$hite fan... we may not have the glory here, but I wouldn't swap Southend for any other.

Well it was long for me. I usually doze off after typing the first line.
I have been thinking everything has been going our way lately and the bubble is sure to burst but looking at the squad maybe we can keep this up for a while.
Bringing on Freddy basically killed the game off for Yeovil and Ryce was great as well. Some managers in that position may have bought on a defender to get the 2-1.
Eastwood reminds me of Ian Wright -he is so sharp even though he hasnt played a full game for a while.Tillsons method of keeping him on the benchcertainly seems to make him hungry.

Back