• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

davew

Coach
i know this subject has been posted before (so please no snide comments).

Just been watching MOTD2 and it is so easy to deliver a corner that passes the 1st defender (which. we often fail to do) as for the long throw need to mix it up a bit, it's to predictable.

This is something they should be able to sort out on the training ground

Been saying it all season long, our set piece deliverys are simply rubbish. Even more so when you consider the aerial threat we posses. We are a big side

Failure to convert set pieces this season probably cost us promotion. Its been a long time since our side have known how to do it well but this season takes the biscuit.

The Newport game showed what can happen when a decent ball is actually put into the box. Apart from that, the only corner from which I can remember us scoring was against Tranmere which was scuffed and more by luck than judgement found itself at Barry Corr's feet.

As for short corners, the groan around Roots Hall whenever these are taken sums up how ineffective they are.

Mentioned it before.....going on the evidence I see on at the games I don't believe we could possibly practice these in training.

We don't use it to our best advantage, we need it shorter and to someone near post to flick on.

Leonard himself did flick one on in just that way once this season, and a goal was the outcome. But he was defending at the time.

Back