• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So someone who was abducted and raped with their mouth tapped up and has severe post traumatic shock flash backs if anything is over their mouth....should not be allowed to go shopping.

I know someone who wears a lanyard and card but still gets bulled in shops.
Forgive me Riggers but i've got to say that's one hell of an example mate,but point taken.

Schools apparently. It's going through them like wildfire

My youngest daughter got sent home on the 4th of December after 3 kids had tested positive in her class. They sent home just the class and a couple of days later about 5 more kids and loads of parents with kids in that class developed symptoms and tested positive. The head teacher then closed the school. My eldest two got sent home last week because Year 7 had a lot of cases. They now sent home year 10 and today announced a load of cases in year 8.

In Braintree it is spreading like crazy. One school shut for two weeks, reopened and a week later they’ve sent two year groups home due to rising cases.

Forgive me Riggers but i've got to say that's one hell of an example mate,but point taken.

We don't know other peoples lives but why don't all shop staff wear a mask? Or what about people who bring their unmasked children shopping.

Anyway its not shoppers who spreading it otherwise Sainsbury's and Asda would be closed due to staff shortages.

We don't know other peoples lives but why don't all shop staff wear a mask? Or what about people who bring their unmasked children shopping.

Anyway its not shoppers who spreading it otherwise Sainsbury's and Asda would be closed due to staff shortages.

Supermarkets have hired thousands of more staff to (a) deal with increase in on-line orders and (b) cope with the increase in sickness. So virus is certainly spreading in supermarkets.

My youngest daughter got sent home on the 4th of December after 3 kids had tested positive in her class. They sent home just the class and a couple of days later about 5 more kids and loads of parents with kids in that class developed symptoms and tested positive. The head teacher then closed the school. My eldest two got sent home last week because Year 7 had a lot of cases. They now sent home year 10 and today announced a load of cases in year 8.

In Braintree it is spreading like crazy. One school shut for two weeks, reopened and a week later they’ve sent two year groups home due to rising cases.
It’s a bit daft they aren’t closing schools for the sake of a week. What would they be learning this week anyway?? I’m not suggesting everywhere but where there’s a massive rise in cases.

It’s a bit daft they aren’t closing schools for the sake of a week. What would they be learning this week anyway?? I’m not suggesting everywhere but where there’s a massive rise in cases.
Secondary schools in Wickford and Basildon have closed this week (I think most closed last week) and moved to online learning

Exactly! We took our youngest son out after the other 3 were sent home. Luckily they shut the school anyway. It’s the week before Christmas most schools do sod all during that time anyway, it’s not like they will be missing much. I assume it’s the child care issue that is stopping them doing it.

Supermarkets have hired thousands of more staff to (a) deal with increase in on-line orders and (b) cope with the increase in sickness. So virus is certainly spreading in supermarkets.
Agree with point A initially on line was massive as everyone stayed home.
My wife works for one of the biggest supermarkets in the area and not one of Her colleagues have been ill!
As for masks, these were made compulsory a good time after these key workers weren't advised to wear them.

Agree with point A initially on line was massive as everyone stayed home.
My wife works for one of the biggest supermarkets in the area and not one of Her colleagues have been ill!
As for masks, these were made compulsory a good time after these key workers weren't advised to wear them.

I make a point of asking till staff and that is the usual answer.

My partners daughter is a teacher at Prince Ave Infants & Junior School. Last week they had 18 teachers off in isolation, as pupils had been tested positive, the youngest being 4!!.

I make a point of asking till staff and that is the usual answer.

I only know 1 supermarket worker - she caught the virus about 3 weeks ago. But from my ancedotal evidence I would not draw the conclusion that (a) all supermarket workers have the virus or (b) that supermarkets are significantly worse environment than any other etc for virus transmission.

Just like I wouldn't draw the conclusion that because I ask the checkout operator if any of their colleagues have caught it that Covid isn't being spread in supermarkets.

So someone who was abducted and raped with their mouth tapped up and has severe post traumatic shock flash backs if anything is over their mouth....should not be allowed to go shopping.

I know someone who wears a lanyard and card but still gets bullied in shops.

I know someone who wears a lanyard and card but still gets bullied in shop

Then I would say someone else like yourself should do the shopping for them.

These latest measures are a week too late in my opinion, though that would have made us unable to enjoy two games "in the flesh" at Roots Hall. Schools should have been closed two weeks before Christmas to allow children to be symptom free before potentially seeing relatives over the Christmas period.

Trump legacy will live on 300,000 dead in USA, we had a figure of 17,000 as acceptable now over 50,000
It’s not hard to follow rules people

FFS my dustbin has been out more than me in 2020, Christmas can still go a head let’s just not be daft, it’s just another day in the calendar

I would love to but I’m not allowed. Under my bale conditions I can’t have any contact.
Strewth mate you got around, just seen avictim come out of the newsagent on phone no mask, a few going into Aldi too. And for sure you weren't fussy as they were all ages, sizes and men and women too. So many victims out there no wonder the police are under pressure.

Trump legacy will live on 300,000 dead in USA, we had a figure of 17,000 as acceptable now over 50,000
It’s not hard to follow rules people

FFS my dustbin has been out more than me in 2020, Christmas can still go a head let’s just not be daft, it’s just another day in the calendar

Follow simple rules? Don't be daft, a large percentage of the population can't even be bothered to put their rubbish in a bin when out and about.

A lot of people haven’t been following the rules and recommendations since the basic “stay home, protect the NHS, save lives” message changed and in fact some have gone out of their way to bend them to suit.
Now we are 9 months in with a vaccine, there’s no chance they will now - there’s zero enforcement. January will be a massive strain on the NHS. I’m personally avoiding my parents, grandmother and sister in law who’s “at risk”. Sod Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back